Installation problems

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, it's been some time since I've played/modded my BG games, but I didn't think it was this hard to remember how to install mods... *sigh*

I had my game totally uninstalled and made sure all my files were new and functioning as though it were the first time I had ever installed it. The only thing I had installed to my file was the BioWare patch, and I assumed I could install this next with no problems, but I keep getting an error, and try as I might, I can't figure out why...

This is what I keep getting:

ERROR: illegal 1-bit read from offset 24 of 0-bit file blun30.itm
ERROR: [blun30.itm] -> [override] Patching failed <COPY> <FAILURE<"blun30.itm: read out of bounds">>
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [BG2FixPack - Core Fixes], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 3109 files for [BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] component 0
Uninstalled   3109 files for [BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] component 0
ERROR: Failure<"blun30.itm: read out of bounds">
PLEASE e-mail the file SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings3.net

Then it just prompts me again if I want to install it all over again, which still fails...

I'm using the Windows version, and the only other thing I have installed is the BioWare Patch...

Anyone know what's going on? Help would be greatly appreciated... thank you for your time!

I do believe you have SoA and not ToB...

if you have ToB, then you need to doublecheck your install.

blun30.itm is a ToB item, and the 0 byte file is being created by the ALLOW_MISSING at the beginning of the tp2 (the part that allows the whole Fixpack to work on different types of installs.)

This item is loaded by

///// immunity effects batch patches \\\\\

but I can't see which section of code has the missing check for the file to be a real file, instead of a 0 byte file...

someone with better skills than I will need to take a look at it.

If you don't have ToB, you could temporarily skip all of the effects patching for ToB items on your install by putting a // in front of code:

/EDIT: removed manual code changes - please follow Nythrun's link below, it is much more effective and less work!!!

Hopefully, that will get you past this, but I am not sure; before you start doing a mass edit could you try the following, please?

Open your SETUP_BG2_FIXPACK.DEBUG file in a text editor. Do a search for ERROR. Copy the section right before and right before the error and post it here, and then someone can see where things are specifically going wonky :)

Guest Guest

Foo... so all this is because I don't have ToB, basically? Argh, that makes me mad... I have it in this house somewhere, but it's been so long since I've played it, I don't remember where it is! :) I'll need to go searching for it...

In the meantime, I'll try what you suggested, but I'm completely code illiterate... so we'll just have to see how this goes lol.

But thank you so fery very much for your help!

Guest Guest

Oops! Sorry for being in the wrong forum...

And thank you both very, very much!

I followed the instructions, Nythrun, and it installed fine :)

Again, thanks so much for your help!!

Archived