FS animation: patching items to colorglow solid

Kulyok

I've included ~sw1h98~ ~_sw1h98~ together with ~rodsword~ and Co - I think it might make sense.

Now, a really silly-sounding question. I want to insert color 71, instead of a question mark - how do I go about it here?

~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~miscb3~ ? 0x00000000 :

Now, a really silly-sounding question. I want to insert color 71, instead of a question mark - how do I go about it here?
What a skank for posting code like that. For each item, 0x00000000 is the little-endian 3-byte RGB value with an extra null (you'd want to pick your colors and then figure out the hex value for the three fields).

The code is roughly IF (%RES% == ~str~) THEN SET ~var~ = myRGB ELSE IF (%RES% == ~str~) THEN SET ~var~ = myRGB ELSE...

Your colors replace "myRGB." The question mark is the "THEN," and the colon is the "ELSE." I suggest you just get the RGB values you want for each of the items, post them, and then make her fix the code. ;)

Got it, thank you!

Thankfully, a RGB-hex utility is available here, so the only question is how gradient color(as shown in NI/DLTCEP) corresponds to RGB scheme... and appendices\colourgradients.htm in IESDP has that. Except that the gradient looks like it's hex, too. I do not trust myself, so I need another utility... and here it is.

And it is(miscb3 is not equippable as a sword, so I think it's better off left as it is) - working - I'll play with colors for a bit, as to have a good balance(similar to the moonblade's, with its Frost Blue/Shiny Blue combination).

Oh, crap. It doesn't seem to be working. I've inserted the color green everywhere

SET "blade" = (~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h53~ ? 0x00FFEE8D :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h60~ ? 0x0075950C :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h61~ ? 0x0075950C : 0x00)
	  SET "grip"  = (~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h53~ ? 0x00FFFFFF : 
	  SET "minor" = (~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h53~ ? 0x00D2A18D :

- just to see where it would lead me, and it doesn't make any difference: all three swords glow yellow, whatever I do.

What a skank for posting code like that.

I love it when you talk dirty. Biff me, baby!

The gradiant number is pretty much an arbitrary assignment and doesn't encode a color value, unfortunately.

These values will be written as BlueGreenRedBlank, so you've got lots of green + lots of red = yellow.

I might try a 0xffbf5f00 for the frosty blue, and a 0x7fdfff00 for the flaming red, but those are guesses - you more or less have to load the game up and scrutinize the colors to see if they're just so.

The color glow isn't doing what you want or you got the wrong color? A color glow shouldn't really recolor the entire thing (you'd need a palettable animation and set item color for that), so if it's too vivid, you might not notice any difference.

The gradient index doesn't correspond to anything. You just have to use NI to find the gradient you want.

I love it when you talk dirty. Biff me, baby!
Come over later. We can DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF.

I might try a 0xffbf5f00 for the frosty blue, and a 0x7fdfff00 for the flaming red, but those are guesses - you more or less have to load the game up and scrutinize the colors to see if they're just so.
I guess this is one of the effects that does null,R,G,B (instead of making sense and doing R,G,B,null)? I'm too lazy to even look.

I get the feeling it's really growing hot there... :(

I guess this is one of the effects that does null,R,G,B (instead of making sense and doing R,G,B,null)? I'm too lazy to even look.

Yep, that's BlueGreenRedBlank, as Nythrun said.

I went for

SET "blade" = (~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h53~ ? 0x9fefff00 :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h60~ ? 0x9fefff00 :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h61~ ? 0x9fefff00 : 0x00)
	  SET "grip"  = (~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h53~ ? 0x20a5da00 : 
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h60~ ? 0x20a5da00 :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h61~ ? 0x20a5da00 : 0x00)
	  SET "minor" = (~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h53~ ? 0x3f00ff00 :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h60~ ? 0x3f00ff00 :
					 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL ~sw1h61~ ? 0x3f00ff00 : 0x00)

- and it seems to be passable, though, since I'm not an artist by far, all better ideas are welcome.

And thank you all very much again - I cannot say "you really helped", because coding the entire thing for me is kind of much more than help, isn't it? But, yeah.

Archived