Slowdown

Strontium Dog

Please read the the first thread link I provided, as that is a guide how-to install multiple mods. You'll be ready to play sooner than you think.

You can use "Classic" Baldurdash (I do), Baldurdash-WeiDU (two slightly different versions), of G3 BG2 Fixpack as the core game fixpack. Mega Mod Forum actually have threads that describe how to use either.

I suggest that you keep/copy your "Classic MegaInstall" folder to a separate place, even to a CD or DVD, as that is a part of history that should not disappear. I wish I had done so. Actually, tell me, are you using an older version of BG1NPC? If so I might just ask you for a copy of it.

If you look hard enough you might find how to install part of Tactics that are not in BP. ;)

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...mp;#entry272727

;)

Please read the the first thread link I provided, as that is a guide how-to install multiple mods. You'll be ready to play sooner than you think.

I've been told on the mega-install forum to follow the BGT instructions but not to actually download BGT or Secret of Bonehill and similiar BG1 mods - the readme seems still overly complicated but I'll have a go, in a month's time - I've just been told elsewhere that there are still a lot of bugs in the Big Picture etc. mods that need fixing over a few weeks.

(I donwloaded the latest npc1 mod - and got rid of all earlier versions, I'm afraid.)

If you look hard enough you might find how to install part of Tactics that are not in BP. ;)

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...mp;#entry272727

;)

I couldn't make any sense of that passage - it seemed as though there were still a lot of problems with tinkering with the Big-Picture mod download - I'm no good at modding, so I usually make it a rule never to download something unless there's a clear-cut readme, and (exe.) file-download, if at all possible.

You needn't "make any sense of that passage" -- simply download the TP2 and use it to replace the original Tactics mod file. Then install Tactics as you like. It will prevent you from installing anything that interferes with BP. Obviously, you have to install Tactics after BP.

"I've just been told elsewhere that there are still a lot of bugs in the Big Picture etc. mods" -- I'm not sure I would say there are "a lot of bugs"; having manually made the corrections to my install they are not many and a rare few are game-breaking. If you wait for the mods to be bug-less, you'll be waiting a long time...

Also, they are no longer called "Big Picture mods", and this is not a matter of political-correctness. Since they got "weidu-ed", they no longer need to be connected to BP in any way. "Quest mods" is the term now.

"I usually make it a rule never to download something unless there's a clear-cut readme, and (exe.) file-download, if at all possible"

-- If this is the case, then you may never play the newest style of MegaInstall.

As you well know, many have written fairly excellent guides on how to do these massive installs, and still people have confusion about them. Some of the cause of confusion is due to language barrier, some is due to the hand-holding and spoon-feeding that many in the gaming world have gotten accustom to. "Modding" was never designed to accomodate either.

I am quite sure that you, as someone who was able to get the Classic MegaInstall running will not have any trouble getting the new style going.

You needn't "make any sense of that passage" -- simply download the TP2 and use it to replace the original Tactics mod file. Then install Tactics as you like. It will prevent you from installing anything that interferes with BP. Obviously, you have to install Tactics after BP.

Thanks. So the tp2 file presumably contains a Tactics folder, which the BP mod recognises, and then you can download all Tactics mod components afterwards? Or just the Tactics mods not covered by the Big Picture Mod?

"I usually make it a rule never to download something unless there's a clear-cut readme, and (exe.) file-download, if at all possible"

-- If this is the case, then you may never play the newest style of MegaInstall.

As you well know, many have written fairly excellent guides on how to do these massive installs, and still people have confusion about them. Some of the cause of confusion is due to language barrier, some is due to the hand-holding and spoon-feeding that many in the gaming world have gotten accustom to. "Modding" was never designed to accomodate either.

I am quite sure that you, as someone who was able to get the Classic MegaInstall running will not have any trouble getting the new style going.

I had no problems with , years ago, installing The Darkest Day mod along with most of the WEIDU mods on the Dave Gaider Ascension page , and some non-WEIDU mods. But that was because, after endless searching online, I eventually found a webpage with a detailed installation-guide for all the components - when I installed by instinct, without a guide, I just kept on coming across inevitable CTDs or mid-combat bugs etc.. I suppose, now that everything is WEIDU-ed, it should be fine, though.

A TP2 file is...a File. Not a folder.

Weimer's Tactics mod. You do know about it? It has only a couple of components that are not explicitly noted in BP. (But implicitly BP does have them.)

If you want to use this mod (you don't have to; I means, that's what BP is for): Download and extract (notice I did not write "install"); Replace its TP2 file with the one in the link in previous post; Now install Tactics.

BP is...BP. For the uninitiated:

-- What is BGT? BP?

-- components of BP-WeiDU

Guest Guest
A TP2 file is...a File. Not a folder.

Weimer's Tactics mod. You do know about it? It has only a couple of components that are not explicitly noted in BP. (But implicitly BP does have them.)

If you want to use this mod (you don't have to; I means, that's what BP is for): Download and extract (notice I did not write "install"); Replace its TP2 file with the one in the link in previous post; Now install Tactics.

Thanks for all the help. I'll do that. This megamod-install may well turn out easier than I thought.

Archived