Bug-Reported in Chateau Irenicus

Guest Guest_Strontium Dog_*

Guest Guest_Strontium Dog_*

Hello I've had a megamod game installed, and I kept getting a bug where the game automatically crashed-to-desktop every time one of my characters reached the 2 rooms where experiments in tubes are kept(after going left from the genie in Chateau Irenicus). After checking the Tactics mod readme, I decided not to install the beta-core fixes component of BG2Fixpack, this time, and the bug disappeared.

Another Bug in Chateau Irenicus: I have the 2 keys to access the portal next to the private space of Irenicus (the room you have to go through, to get to the dryads and to the room of Irenicus "girlfriend"). When I aktiviate the portal, the game creates a Autosave and then tries to load the next level, which causes a crash to desktop with the "Ding!"-Sound of Windows. The game is still in the taskbar and is not responding.

I have tried to go to the level, where you can free the Genie, and there was no crash.

Installation: Baldurs Gate 2 -> Throne of Bhaal -> Latest official Patch -> BG Fixpack v.4 with all optional mods. Language: German

OS: WinXP with SP2 and activated auto-updates + latest drivers

I can't help thinking that BG2Fixpack is responsible for these CTDs. I no longer get a CTD after going to the left of the genie but now get one after dealing with Improved Ilyich(part of the Tactics mod), in the library of Chateau Irenicus. I never once had these problems with the original Baldurdash - and the Tactics mod readme states that the CTD bug which happens after going to the left of the genie occurs if you use the Baldurdash remix - presumably, anything other than the original non-Remix Baldurdash will cause a CTD - so BG2Fixpack needs to be altered, to sort out this issue.

I will sooner or later have to try a BG2Fixpack-free megamod installation, and will report back on its success(or lack, thereof).

The two times that Fixpack has been responsible for a CTD (SHFLMP in Beta 4, OBC werewolf paws in v3), we get flooded with bug reports about it. That no one else is reporting the same issues is a pretty good indicator that this is either a local issue or a bug caused by some rare combo of mods (of which, fair enough, Fixpack may contribute).

The two times that Fixpack has been responsible for a CTD (SHFLMP in Beta 4, OBC werewolf paws in v3), we get flooded with bug reports about it. That no one else is reporting the same issues is a pretty good indicator that this is either a local issue or a bug caused by some rare combo of mods (of which, fair enough, Fixpack may contribute).

I apologise for blaming BG2 Fixpack - turns out it was a one-time-error and didn't happen again when I replayed that same BG2-installation.

Archived