I posted this in the BGI NPC thread

Guest Valec Corso

Guest Valec Corso

I'm just wondering if there is any way possible to code in a reaction to Minsc telling you that Dy is dead when you wake up in Irenicus' cage. After all the time that my paladin and her spent together and how willing we BOTH were to die for the other, it felt kind of hollow not being able to express some sort of anguish or grief over her death. If this is possible, I might just have to try my hand at modding in a simple quest. Would anyone be interested in a questline where if you romanced Dy in BGI you could perhaps recover her body and give her (and perhaps Khalid?) a proper burial? It's just not right that the people I fought and bled and loved should have a collapsed tower as their final resting place. They deserve better.

I think it's sweet. I, too, would have liked at the very least to say "What?!"

Yeah, this is outside the scope of BG1 NPC. There's nothing that would prevent you from modding in a reaction to Minsc's news. In fact, it wouldn't even have to depend on having played the BG1 NPC Project before. I don't know if it's possible to recover her body, though. The implication is clear that the PC has been undergoing torture for some time prior to regaining consciousness.

Guest Valec Corso

While it's true that it seems you have been tortured for quite some time, recovering the body shouldn't be beyond the scope of possibility. After all, Khalid had been tortured heavily, and he was a simple fighter. Dy was a (relativly) powerfull mage by the time you are kidnapped by Irenicus. As mad for power as Zipperface is, don't you think that he would have at least kept her alive long enough to try and extract some of it? Also, according to the BG1 NPC project, which is what I'm building this mod off of, Dy came to the realms specificly looking for you. Surely Zippy wouldn't turn away the chance, slim though it may be, that she knows something about the Bhaal essence that he does not. After all, Dy is someone who has forged a deep connection to the Bhaalspawn. If nothing else, her insights are more fuel for his fire. Sure she might not WANT to talk about him, but a few weeks under the knife...

Archived