IWD imports

Ayce

Having read the Divine Remix Readme, I noticed several of the spells from IWD were included in this mod. I have two questions about that..............................

1. Any chance you might include some of the other kewl druids spells like wave, thorn spray, spike growth and spike stones in some future update? Maybe stalker too?

2. How were you able to import some of the spell animations/graphics for IWD into BG2, or did you? I do remember at least alicorn lance and sunscorch had specific graphics not found in BG2.

I ask this question, because I had been trying forever to create spells/item effects that use the old BG1 wand of frost cold ray. It's on the IEEP list of applyable graphics, but every time I tried to use it, the game would crash (IWD), I eventually had to give up on mods based on using the spell graphic. I think I tried it on an item mod in BG2 also, I don't remember what happened, but I know it didn't work. If you've found a way to import game graphics from IWD to BG2 and visa versa, I'd really like to know how.

All of the IWD spells re-use existing BG2 graphics (alicorn lance uses the Melf's Acid Arrow projectile, for example) because I haven't gotten up to speed on converting the spell BAMs and creating projectiles. A better source would be Galactygon, as he's imported stuff from a number of places for his spell revision mod. This lack of knowledge is what's preventing us from doing some of the niftier spells that you mention.

All of the IWD spells re-use existing BG2 graphics (alicorn lance uses the Melf's Acid Arrow projectile, for example).

Ahh, I thought this might be the case, too bad, I was really hoping I could get that cold ray thing working in IWD. :thumbsup:

Anyway, Stalker shouldn't be undoable, the staff of woodlands can summon a shambling mound, I think. I actually modded a weaker, 5th level version, I called it Shambler (only summons one instead of two) in IWD.

I did this because I ran a multi-classed fighter/druid who doesn't get 7th level spells until 14th level at 3,000,000 xp (near the end of the game with both expansions), in other words, I never get to use Stalker, so I created custom spell Shambler, so I could summon shambling mounds.

Anyway, either of these spells should be doable in BG2, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner (as I've been looking for ways to further customize/distinguish druid spells from cleric spells, making the classes more distinct and diverse).

A long time ago, I made something similar to the Stalker spell for a Druid-only shield which is available from the special store in Rogue Rebalancing. It summons three types of Shamblers according to the Druid's level. Cam, if you'd like, you can use that for Divine Remix, either as a base spell or simply as a reference point. :)

The Shamblers which The Guardian summons are as close to the PnP versions as they can be within the IE. They also come with their own custom script which enables funky PnP stuff like blending into natural surroundings when in marsh or swamp areas. However, they can not be directly controlled by the player in RR, but you can easily get rid of that should you want to.

Archived