Auren v6 bug

theacefes

Two reports have confirmed that Auren appears to be stuttering once the player enters ToB.

However, I've run two tests and both times this has not happened. However, I stopped trusting my own installs a long time ago, so I think I'll take the two who reported the bug at their word.

Auren's talks with the PC are based off a global in-game timer, set to go off every 2 or 3 game days.

Now, the global I use for her talks with the PC in SoA is called "K#Friendship". Basically, as long as the PC had the first talk with Auren, they will be able to get the bulk of her talks in ToB.

This is in her ToB script and sets up the talks for ToB.

// If PC and Auren Not Friends

IF
 Global("K#AurenPCJustMet","GLOBAL",0)
 GlobalLT("K#Friendship","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
		 SetGlobal("K#AurenPCJustMet","GLOBAL",1)
		 SetGlobal("K#ToBPCAurenNo","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobalTimer("FriendshipTN","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)
END

// If PC and Auren are Friends

IF
 Global("K#AurenPCFriends","GLOBAL",0)
 GlobalGT("K#Friendship","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
		 SetGlobal("K#AurenPCToBFriends","GLOBAL",1)
		 SetGlobal("K#ToBPCAuren","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobalTimer("FriendshipT","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS) 
END

The "not friends" one really isn't all that necessary if you've played her in SoA, since in SoA, Auren begins talking as soon as she joins your group, so you have no choice but to have the first talk with her. But I put it there so that if you spawn her via Fate Spirit, she will banter with you still.

I know that the timers for ToB work because I've summoned her with the Fate Spirit and she's talked just fine. It seems to be a problem with the transitioning over from SoA to Tob that's the problem

Is it possible that if the player had not completed all the talks in SoA, even though they aren't necessary for Auren to talk to them in ToB, that the timers for them are still going, and since there is no talk to fire in the ToB script, stutter occurs?

If this is the case, am I doing something wrong with my appending in my tp2? Or is there a way to "shut down" the SoA portion of the mod after SoA is done?

Tp2:

// .2da appending, 
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~K#Auren K#AurenP K#AurenJ K#AurenD~
UNLESS ~K#Auren~
UNLESS ~25POST~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~
~K#Auren K#AurenB~
UNLESS ~K#Auren~
UNLESS ~25FILE~

// .2da appending, 
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~K#Auren K#AurenP K#AurenJ K#AurenD K#Aur25P K#Aur25J K#Aur25D K#Aure25~
UNLESS ~K#Auren~
IF ~25POST~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~
~K#Auren K#AurenB K#Aur25B~
UNLESS ~K#Auren~
IF ~25FILE~

Note that ToB isn't required to play this mod, and CamDawg had helped me set that up back when version 3 was released.

Sorry for the lengthy post...please let me know if I haven't been clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

You need to set a timer _only_ once here.

IF

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("K#ToBPCAuren","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobalTimer("FriendshipT","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)

END

Something like:

IF

Global("K#AurenToBTimerSet1","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("K#ToBPCAuren","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobalTimer("FriendshipT","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)

SetGlobal("K#AurenToBTimerSet1","GLOBAL",1)

END

Archived