tweak for thieves stronghold

I have never really liked the way the thieves stronghold is set up, you have to return every week to pay renal's lackey or you lose the guild. I would love to see something that deals with this by doing something like giving you a dialog option to have your dues paid automatically from your income, if not that then dispatching a runner to retrieve the dues from you. If neither of those work then just change it so you never lose the guild although the last option is the least preferable of the three. Let me know what you guys think.

I have never really liked the way the thieves stronghold is set up, you have to return every week to pay renal's lackey or you lose the guild. I would love to see something that deals with this by doing something like giving you a dialog option to have your dues paid automatically from your income, if not that then dispatching a runner to retrieve the dues from you.

I think it's a really nice idea. You could hire a messenger in each inn, for example. Or introducing loans in the game, like Sim does in his Quest Pack, could work.

There's a mod in development that would allow NPCs to run the strongholds, even make decisions on the mini-quests. I think the mod's hosted here or at PPG.

Not on PPG. There's Kish's mod here at G3, but it's dead.

I personally think that NPC Strongholds mod fizzled and died exactly because of the premise. Would Mazzy become a Keep manager instead of adventuring and combatting evil? Would Jaheira be performing regular duities for the grove instead of preparing to avenge her husband and punish his murderer? Would Valygar stay and protect the Imnesvale, knowing Lavok still lives and\or Cowled Wizards will get news of his coming? And so on, and so on. Absurd.

Kish's mod has a false premise an NPC _would_ do this

Archived