iiItem and Potions for NPCs:

Guest Guest

Both iiItems and Potions for NPCs assign scripts to give random potions to NPCs and so on. Like with RR and Potions for NPCs, there was a small incompadibility that aVENGER fixed that also caused slowdown.

I've posted a note on it on the iiItems board, but perhaps it might be better coming from you, DavidW, to figure out how these two mods can work together. iiItems has some good items that are nice to have around and some fun potions, arrows, and other things. None too terribly overpowered, except one potion(Wishrest in a bottle. Wee.)

Otherwise, maybe we can convince iiItems maker to include a version where the randomization to NPCs is optional, so as not to cause an incompadibility and slowdown issue.

Both iiItems and Potions for NPCs assign scripts to give random potions to NPCs and so on. Like with RR and Potions for NPCs, there was a small incompadibility that aVENGER fixed that also caused slowdown.

I've posted a note on it on the iiItems board, but perhaps it might be better coming from you, DavidW, to figure out how these two mods can work together. iiItems has some good items that are nice to have around and some fun potions, arrows, and other things. None too terribly overpowered, except one potion(Wishrest in a bottle. Wee.)

Otherwise, maybe we can convince iiItems maker to include a version where the randomization to NPCs is optional, so as not to cause an incompadibility and slowdown issue.

Something's not right there... the latest version of iitems (I've just checked the code) doesn't add items by script at all, it adds them to the CRE files at install-time. So I don't think there can be an incompatibilty here.

Install order may solve this, too - if you install iiItems before your NPC mods, etc., it only randomly adds to stores, .cres, etc. already in game.

I have also searched the tp2 and see no installation of scripts allowing .cres to *use* the items... just to carry them.

igi's code in

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO ii_Add_RandomItem_To_Creatures

//

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~%iiselecteditem%~ (%iithisitemcount%) #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~INV~

this only adds to inventory, it doesn't equip the item. And I can find no reference or compilation of a script of any kind in the tp2!!!

Could you please check that this is an iiItem difficulty, or that of another mod? (Unless the problem is that more than one mod adds potions to creatures and therfore you find tons of potions - then, remember that igi's code is randomized. Sometimes lots of stuff will be added, sometimes next to nothing will be added. But in any case, there are no scripts currently existing that allow use of igi's Special Items in NPC scripts, either friendly or enemy.)

Archived