Wondering about some code in P5Tweaks.tp2

Bursk

To clarify: COPY + means "copy, but do not create a backup of the file".
Ah. That is rather boneheaded. (Though the main reason I'm trashing it is that maybe if pro5 gets enough bad press around the various fora, he'll put in an appearance and produce his missing work for Balduran's Seatower, if in fact he ever did any work on it at all.)
if pro5 gets enough bad press around the various fora, he'll put in an appearance and produce his missing work for Balduran's Seatower, if in fact he ever did any work on it at all.)

First active in Mar 2006, last active (including login) in Jul 2007, with a "gone for a while" post...

Looks like somebody who has moved on, and certainly not somebody who will bother coming back and doing work because people call him names.

I was going to write a long rant about how you shouldn't wait for people to come up on an offer, especially if they disappear for months, but then thought best of it.

I must've missed that "gone for a while" post. But it's not like I've been waiting around for him. That mod isn't even really on my to-do list, and won't be until I've cleared more stuff off of it.

And that doesn't make copying without a backup any less boneheaded - you said it yourself. I don't understand how that would be clever code in disguise, but what do I know.

And that doesn't make copying without a backup any less boneheaded - you said it yourself. I don't understand how that would be clever code in disguise, but what do I know.

by 'clever' I mean intentionally doing things that usually are slapped with "Do not do this!" (in the normal sense, not in the WeiDU sense), but in your case make sense and are a perfectly working way to do something that would require a hundred of lines of code to achive.

Archived