Possible Moinesses' Avatars conflict with BG2 Tweaks

manwe858

Your right, nothing actually installed, it's just been updating, man I feel stupid!

Unfortunately this brings up more problems;

1) If neither the banter back nor the flirt pack were ever actually installed, then why the heck won't Avatars work?

2) How DO I install the flirt and banter packs? I found the setup, it says:

" ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in : DIALOG.TLK

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure <"Unable to find DIALOG.TLK"> "

Unfortunately I don't know where my Infinity Engine game directory is.

Your Infinity Engine game directory is your game's folder. As for installing the mods, you do that from a DOS (command line) window.

Good luck,

Eric

1) If neither the banter back nor the flirt pack were ever actually installed, then why the heck won't Avatars work?
Eh... because Avatars isn't installed either? :band:
Unfortunately I don't know where my Infinity Engine game directory is.
It's the main directory for your game, wherever that is... C:\Games\BG2 or whatever. It won't find dialog.tlk if you try to install it somewhere else.
Eh... because Avatars isn't installed either? :)

That’s not what I meant. I was asking why the dos screen automatically closed after less then a second if the problem isn't caused by a conflicting mod.

Thanks to your generous help, I have found my directory, and have now installed not only the flirt pack, and the banter back, but the installation of the previous two has somehow allowed the third!

Thank you both!

That’s not what I meant. I was asking why the dos screen automatically closed after less then a second if the problem isn't caused by a conflicting mod.
If a mod has an older copy of WeiDU and finds a newer copy provided by another mod, it'll automatically update to that WeiDU version when you try to install it. Unfortunately, unless the mod designer does some hackery with batch files, it will not then proceed to install the mod actually, so you'll have to double-click on the setup.exe again. Since it now has the latest WeiDU that it can find, it'll work this time.

If you're ever in doubt as to what's been installed and what hasn't, just look at your WeiDU.log file.

If a mod has an older copy of WeiDU and finds a newer copy provided by another mod, it'll automatically update to that WeiDU version when you try to install it. Unfortunately, unless the mod designer does some hackery with batch files, it will not then proceed to install the mod actually, so you'll have to double-click on the setup.exe again. Since it now has the latest WeiDU that it can find, it'll work this time.

If you're ever in doubt as to what's been installed and what hasn't, just look at your WeiDU.log file.

It appears that this doesn't hold true under Mac OS X. I've seen cases where, if I reinstall a mod that used, say, WeiDU 201 (and WeiDU 203 is present in my BGII directory), that version shows up when I run Install-mod.sh to reinstall. Most puzzling; I suppose the solution is for me to remove all the [modname]-setup.command files, and replace them with renamed copies of version 203 of weidu-mac, whenever I want to reinstall something. I may just do this preemptively...

- E

It appears that this doesn't hold true under Mac OS X.
No, the current Mac WeiDUs do not auto-update, but they should as of v204 which evidently will be out in a few days. So I wouldn't mess with your setup until that's out, at which point it will be moot. Edit: it's out now I guess.

But Guest is using Windows unless I'm badly mistaken.

It appears that this doesn't hold true under Mac OS X.
No, the current Mac WeiDUs do not auto-update, but they should as of v204 which evidently will be out in a few days. So I wouldn't mess with your setup until that's out, at which point it will be moot. Edit: it's out now I guess.

But Guest is using Windows unless I'm badly mistaken.

Man...all these updates happen faster than I can keep up *L*

Thanks!

- E

Archived