Eschalon Book 1

PotiusMori

Dungeon Lords (what a waste of money that was! - the Collector's Edition too).

Here! Here! To my eternal shame I bought that game twice. I leave it propped in a corner now to remind me that no matter how bad the CRPG withdrawals might get, some things are better left alone.

I haven't looked at this game yet so I have no opinion about it. For me though graphics are at least as important as the storyline. No matter how good the story is if the graphic are terrible I won't enjoy it all that much, and likely won't play it past the "What the *bleep* is this?" stage. Arcanum I did finally finish, years after, and I agree with Domi they didn't do it for me. I can't really say what it was exactly but I did have to work past them.

On the other hand if there is no story at all, it really doesn't matter how good the graphics/playability is. I can think of several supposed rpg types out there that fit that model for me. Now if only I liked sports videa games ...there's certainly enough of those on the shelves. :band:

Of course, great graphics and an excellent storyline is the preferred method. Goes without saying though doesn't it?

Archived