Branwen romance problem: no love talk #20?

mcasey666

Running EasyTutu (ToB) with BG1 NPC Project v14

I fixed the romance with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",2)

...and it was going great. Love Talk #19 (begins "Twill not pass") triggered ok. LT #20 is listed in the romance guide as sequential with no conditions, but since #19 I've cleared Firewine, Gullykin, Ulcaster and all of Durlag's Tower - still no #20. I'll list the status of all the relevant variables I can think of:

P#BranwenRomanceActive = 2

P#BrLoveTalk = 39

P#BrLoveTalkTime = 4338967

I tried setting P#BrLoveTalkTime to 1, but I don't see a change. Thanks in advance for any tips you guys can offer.

Did you like her romance? :band: I'm glad if you did, but, okay, advice:

the last LT(LT20) is for the last, seventh chapter. So you can safely proceed.

You'll also have a LT for Candlekeep, a LT for the Undercity(the very end of the game), and a LT for the poison quest(Marek and Lothander), after meeting Lothander for the second time. (Yes, even though she says it's "over").

Oh good, there we have it then. I haven't yet reached Chapter 7. What do I think of the romance? Let me apologize for not mentioning this immediately: it is fabulous. Hot, thrilling. Takes an NPC I had exactly zero interest in before and ranks her as one of my very favorites (up there with Minsc, Edwin, and Montaron). Adds hugely to the value of the game. I don't think anyone could possibly have done a better job.

Great mod, Kulyok! Really!! Long time stalker, first time poster.

But -- I have a problem, and I haven't heard of anyone else having it. I can't seem to get LT22.

Branwen said she doesn't love me anymore :) , so I've already had LT19. BUT I've heard she still wants to talk after I've been poisoned. When I talk to Lothander in the Blades and Stars, I never get LT22, so she never chimes in about (I assume) wanting to kill, kill, kill Marek.

I'm on G3's NPC 1.4, but I've set the X#BRFRIENDTALK to 2 to start this all up. My reputation is at 13. I have P#BRANWENLOTHANDER set to 1. My P#BRLOVETALK is at 39 and when I change it to 19, I start getting more flirts (starting at LT10, interestingly enough), but never any after-poison talk. Here's my stats:

P#BRANCHECKFLIRTEARLY - 1

P#BRANCHECKFLIRTLATE - 1

P#BRANFLIRTEARLY - 0

P#BRANFLIRTEARLYTIME - 1468016

P#BRANFLIRTLATE - 0

P#BRANFLIRTLATETIME - 1830059

P#BRANINFW3500 - 2

P#BRANMATCH - 1

P#BRANTRANZIG - 2

P#BRANWENLOTHANDER - 1

P#BRANWENREP - 3

P#BRANWENROMANCEACTIVE - 2

P#BRFRIENDTALK - 4

P#BRFRIENDTALKTIME - 1540835

P#BRLOVETALK - 39

P#BRLOVETALKTIME - 1807734

P#BRPCTIMERSTARTED - 1

Guest Guest - Jim

This seems and appropriate topic for my question. I love he romance, the writing's very good. However, is LT20 *it* as far as how everything resolves? I thought I was stuck actually, took a very long time for the LT20 to show up after LT19. However, what Branwen said then really bothered me - if that's it, I'm sorry, but I don't like how it ends.

So... is there anything else? I know there are stil la few talks regarding the story line, but do those change the way things turn out? Cause if not, she's gonna fly out of the party faster than it took me to use that "Stone to Flesh" scroll.

Archived