Bug Two Handed Sword

Guest Beronas

Guest Beronas

Hi there. Where to begin...

Installed BGI, then Tales, updated to 5512

Installed BGII, then ToB, updated to 26498

Installed BGT-WeiDU 1.05b - no errors, warnings etc.

Installed SCS - followed the readme to the letter, left some changes out (concerning mobs mainly).

Installed SCSII - again followed the readme to the letter.

Started the Game, created a charachter, took the shortcut out of Candlekeep after shopping, saved the Game and tried to equip my two handed sword -> CTD

Well, shit happens, restarted, tried again and was again on my desktop.

Started Shadowkeeper and put the sword into the first weapons slot. Sword is there, but not in hands (occupying the slot however) and it is not removable in game.

Started SK again and gave me a variety of two handed swords, same result over the board. As soon as I trie to equip a 2H-Sword the game crashes.

Anyone got a course of action aside complete reinstall and leaving out the SCS mods? The game was perfectly playable before, so i assume one of the two SCS mods has to be the cause.

Thanks for the recognition.

No i can't post my log... I'm rather impatient and reinstalled it.

As soon as I'm done I will post the log.

Note: SCSI is v8 and SCSII is v4, I assume they're both the latest version, as I can't find any newer ones on this site.

All right...

Installation Order:

BGI + AddOn + Patch 5512

BGII + AddOn + Patch 26498

BGT-WeiDU 1.05b

SCSv8 (first start the DOS-shell closed immediately, second start worked fine)

SCSIIv4

Problem still occurs.

Log File

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05b

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correct various errors on race, class etc

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #41 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #95 // Better NPC management

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Allow Yeslick to use axes

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Smarter general AI

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Better calls for help

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Potions for NPCs

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Smarter mages

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Mages pre-cast defensive spells

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Smarter priests

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Priests pre-cast defensive spells

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Smarter deployment

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Smarter sirines and dryads

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #280 // Relocated bounty hunters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #290 // Improved Ulcaster

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Improved Balduran's Isle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Improved Durlag's Tower

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #320 // Improved Demon Cultists

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #330 // Improved miscellaneous encounters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #340 // Tougher chapter-two end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #350 // Tougher chapter-three end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #360 // Tougher chapter-four end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #370 // Tougher chapter-five end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #380 // Tougher chapter-six end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #390 // Improved final battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #400 // Skip Candlekeep

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #410 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #420 // Stackable ankheg shells and winterwolf pelts

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #430 // Move Boo out of quick access and into Minsc's pack

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #440 // Ease-of-use player AI

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #235 // Potions for NPCs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #241 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #251 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #261 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #271 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #281 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the beholders found in the hive in the Underdark (borrowed from Quest Pack)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #290 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #320 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #330 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #340 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priestss get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #370 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priestss get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #379 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #383 // Improved Fire Giant temple

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #386 // Improved Abazigal's Lair

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #400 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #420 // Ease-of-use party AI

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #430 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #440 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack

PC XP-SP2

Already tried that, Charsomyr as well as any other Sword caused the crash.

I started a SoA game and tried to Equip something there, same result, so it isnt the 2H-Sword alone, so far the Staff and the Short Sword works.

I deinstalled all components related to SCS and still got the bug.

I'm currently reinstalling BGII, will make a backup and see if its BGT1.05b, last time I installed BGT it was 1.04 and working fine (no mods that time and quite a while ago).

Ok, my bad :)

It was BGT1.05b all along.

I looked a 1.04 up and it works as it should (so far, just started the game, but it does not crash when euqipping a weapon)

Now I'll try SCS

Not a problem - I'm relieved, in fact.

Both parts of SCS are installed now. Aside from a crash that was caused by my resolution its working just fine.

So... BGT1.05b is quite bugged.

Ok, my bad :)

It was BGT1.05b all along.

I looked a 1.04 up and it works as it should (so far, just started the game, but it does not crash when euqipping a weapon)

Now I'll try SCS

Beronas, why not report your problem at the BGT forum?

1.05b never gave this kind of bug to any other player and I am sure Ascesion64 is willing to help you out.

Guest Guest

sorry for reviving the thread.

i recently bought the SoA and ToB (updated to 26498), as of yet have been able to play. also, i tried the BG2 fixpack v6.

what exactly did you do to fix the crashing bug? i'm unfamiliar with the various mods and bugfixes you guys used.

Archived