Bug in Fell Wood

Jiriki

Hi!

Similar to the bug with Peony described here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=10615 (6th post, by Tempest)

I had may game stop dead when killing the last treant.

Fortunately I had an old save game just after completing Fell Wood. So I exported all my chars right before killing the last treant and imported them into the old save game.

Anyway, if somebody has a clue what was the problem, I would be glad to hear. I can also provide a save game just before killing the last treant.

ciao,

Jiriki

Hi Jiriki, the game you sent me actually is in the goblin fortress in Chapter 1. I am thinking it could be Peony's 'guiding light' dialogue in romance, but it triggers normally in Tempest's game I was using to fix the flirt. Did it occur in your game? So, I really would like that save you were talking about, for Chapter 3 to figure out if Peony is just a coincedence, and something else is going on.

Hi, I got the save you have, loaded it, and I cannot replicate the bug. I kill the last treant, the game's own cutscene initiates (the one with the pretty green sparks) and treants' death, and we can exit the area normally. No NPC initiates a dialogue. Peony pipes in immediately after getting into the Cold Marshes area and the conversation proceeds normally.

I can only suggest that the game's own cutscene locks on you. Can you try to reload this same save, enable cheat keys and Ctrl+Y the treannt the moment you enter the area to see if you het the cutscene activated in the 'ideal' conditions, without much else going one.

Archived