Inventory BAM basics

Qwallath

I'm drawing inventory icons from scratch to use with custom items for my mod. I draw the 64x64 and 32x32 versions in my graphics editor.

I'm talking about the BAMs that begin with I.

Later on, I also want to try my hand it the descriptions images - the sketchy drawings of items.

Guest Guest
I'm drawing inventory icons from scratch to use with custom items for my mod. I draw the 64x64 and 32x32 versions in my graphics editor.

I'm talking about the BAMs that begin with I.

Later on, I also want to try my hand it the descriptions images - the sketchy drawings of items.

This is not to hard then.

First modify your image files to be the appropriate size.

Then go to DLTCEP,

Go to Edit Animation,

Load External BMP

Then Save it as a BAM,

Thats really all there is to it

The only tricky part is getting the colors right. The background color needs to

be the official transparent color. Decompress one of the official BAMs and take a look at it if you are unsure on what color this is. You also need to make sure your imported BMP is the right size. Again decompressing an existing BAM and comparing to your file is the best way to check.

Is there a (recent) tutorial on creating inventory BAMs from scratch? I read Seifer's one over at SHS, but I didn't find it exhaustive enough for a newbie like myself...
You mean this one? Once you've created the bitmaps, there's not a whole lot more to it than that. The tricky part is creating bitmaps that are going to work well (I think there are other tutorials on that).

Archived