This is possibly a stupid question...

Guest Faine

Guest Faine

Hi folks. :suspect: I'd just like to say first that this is a brilliant mod, it adds exactly what IWD always lacked, and the characters are so much fun and well written. I can't imagine how much work you must've put into it.

Anyways, I just have one question. Is there any PC initiated conversation, and if so, when can I expect to access it and how? I thought that I read somewhere that there was, but I could be wrong, or perhaps I'm just being a twit unable to find the little 'talk' button; it's been a while since I've played IWD. :blush:

At any rate, thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, and... *more mod praise* ;)

Guest Faine
Your PC can initiate conversation. All you have to do is hit P. Because of the interface, and it's lack of a talk button, you've got to use the hotkey.

Ah, thanks very much. :suspect:

I am glad you enjoy the mod! There is a project guide coming with the mod, you might want to quickly check it out, it goes over what types of dialogues the mod has and how to get them going.

Guest Abigail

I've just started playing this mod, good job, Domi! :fish: I think I'm going to finish the game for the first time ever.

However, I'm a little confused about PC initiated dialogues. Does it only speed up the banters that would show up anyway or does it give you access to some completely new talks? For now I'm a little bit afraid of using them as I wouldn't want to end up with no content left somewhere in the middle of the game ^^;

What the player-initated talks do, they allow you to bring forward all the dialogues the character has for this particular chapter, just like they do in KOTOR. Otherwise they will trigger on their own on the timer - again for each chapter. So you do speed them up, but you won't really 'run out' of the talks. Also, the player-initiated menues allow you to flirt - and those are repetitive and random dialogues, so they are always available after a particular stage of the romance.

Archived