super happy fun lucky modder pack?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Should the super happy fun lucky modder pack component of BG2Fixpack be installed if one if planning to use SCS II, but not to mod?

Sorry, one more question, apologize if it's a beat topic.

Should BG2Tweaks be installed before or after SCS II?

My mods are:

BG2Fixpack

Ascension

BG2Tweaks

SCSII

Should the super happy fun lucky modder pack component of BG2Fixpack be installed if one if planning to use SCS II, but not to mod?
It should *never* be installed UNLESS you're a modder who plans to do heavy modding but gets inundated by warning messages when using your favorite tools.
Guest Guest
It should *never* be installed UNLESS you're a modder who plans to do heavy modding but gets inundated by warning messages when using your favorite tools.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Sorry, one more question, apologize if it's a beat topic.

Should BG2Tweaks be installed before or after SCS II?

My mods are:

BG2Fixpack

Ascension

BG2Tweaks

SCSII

It doesn't hugely matter, though I can think of two or three places where installing Tweaks after SCSII will cause minor problems. So I'd install SCSII last if I were you.

How bad are these problems?

In my install Tweaks is a last mod :suspect:

SCS II generates an automatic list of all items in the game, and then further generates lists of all items that do such-and-such. So problems are going to occur whenever TweakPack introduces new items. I know of two places where it does this on a BG2 install: the component that lets you wield bastard swords two-handed and the component that lets you swap rings (etc.) of protection to grant only a saving throw bonus (so they're compatible with armour). On a BGT install, you might also have some left-over bags of holding from BG1.

There are two consequences of items not being allowed for:

1) if the items have some kind of immunity power, the SCS scripts won't detect it. Realistically this is going to lead to at most pretty minor bugs: if you're wielding a bastard sword that gives you immunity to Charm two-handed, vampires will keep trying to charm you. Come to that, I'm not even sure there are any such bastard swords.

2) if you go to Spellhold with any such items they won't be removed. That means you'll have them in the Asylum maze, unless they were on the protagonist - in which case they'll be destroyed.

Hope that helps.

So problems are going to occur whenever TweakPack introduces new items. I know of two places where it does this on a BG2 install: the component that lets you wield bastard swords two-handed and the component that lets you swap rings (etc.) of protection to grant only a saving throw bonus (so they're compatible with armour).

Thanks for explanation.

I't good that i don't use these two components :suspect:

Archived