Question: Best Version of PS:T?

Guest me

What is the difference between the 4-CD and 2-CD versions of PS:T?

I have the 2-CD version of the game. Would it be worth my time to locate and purchase a copy of the 4-CD version?

Is there a FAQ that lists all of the various releases/versions of the IE games (PS:T, BG, IWD, BG2, IWD2), describes the advantages/disadvantages of particular releases (bonus content or pre-patched with the last official patch, etc), and tells which patches are appropriate to which versions?

It can be a bit confusing to know what to buy when 3 or 4 different releases of the same game pop up on eBay.

Thanks!

I don't think there's a difference, though I don't know specifically for PS:T. I doubt it would be worth your while to get another version if you already have a working copy. For the other IE games, usually the content is the same. The version might be slightly different, but patching it with the latest should make different versions identical. In the case of BG, for example, they just use better media to get them on fewer discs and usually merge in TotSC so you don't have to install it separately. It might help to have a FAQ that points out subtle differences but I'm not aware of one.

Archived