Constant pre-buffing by enemies

coaster

David,

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but this is becoming a bit of an irritant. Certain enemy spellcasters, if they move out of the line of sight and then into it again, seem to pre-buff all over again, multiple times. The yuan-ti mages in Mekrath's place for example - I lost sight of one of them behind one of those bookcases, and when he reappears - bang, all his buffs go up again. This happened whenever he moved out of sight of my character. I noticed this on both my previous and current playthroughs. Is this a bug?

If it isn't a bug, could the pre-buffing be limited to, say, once every 8 hours? This would prevent the player from resting so that all the pre-buffing spells expire, but would get around this issue above.

Thanks

coaster

David,

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but this is becoming a bit of an irritant. Certain enemy spellcasters, if they move out of the line of sight and then into it again, seem to pre-buff all over again, multiple times. The yuan-ti mages in Mekrath's place for example - I lost sight of one of them behind one of those bookcases, and when he reappears - bang, all his buffs go up again. This happened whenever he moved out of sight of my character. I noticed this on both my previous and current playthroughs. Is this a bug?

If it isn't a bug, could the pre-buffing be limited to, say, once every 8 hours? This would prevent the player from resting so that all the pre-buffing spells expire, but would get around this issue above.

Thanks

coaster

It is a bug, but oddly it's one I've not been able to reproduce locally. I have made a slight change in the mage buffing script (locally) which *might* fix it, but because I don't really understand it, I can't promise anything.

Archived