questions

Guest guestx

The last time I tried to convert a html file into doc format, the formatting was completely mangled. That might be why he was asking. But it's been a while, so maybe the conversion is better now. At any rate, I think the offer's been withdrawn, so it's moot.

There was no "offer" right from the start. It was all BS. Just an attention seeking post.

The wise sage, devSin, said it best:

for a "true" test, the best I can recommend is to play through the game in a way you normally wouldn't (choose a class you've never played, switch genders and alignment, and generally try to be silly when running through to see if any bugs crop up).

In other words, time is much better spent testing and playing the game instead of rewriting and reorganizing the docs.

There was no "offer" right from the start. It was all BS. Just an attention seeking post.

No, my friend, the offer was legitimate. It doesn't seem to have been recieved well, however, so I've dropped it. I'm a bit confused over this because devSin seemed to lament the lack of testing in one thread, but then responded in a discouraging manner when I offered to do so in this thread. All in all, it doesn't matter, tho, so let's not drag this out with another round of punches.

aWL

I'm a bit confused over this because devSin seemed to lament the lack of testing in one thread, but then responded in a discouraging manner when I offered to do so in this thread.

But you were more intent on rewriting the docs as opposed to testing the game (which is obviously more important).

Still, assuming you were serious, there is nothing stopping you from doing this even now. I don't think dev openly said 'don't do it'. :p

There was no lament or discouragement. I'm not sure what you were asking for nor what you were trying to do.

If you want better docs... no, probably not going to happen (not soon, at least).

If you want documentation of existing fixes to build a list of areas to test... the docs are all there, for better or worse (and the TP2 can be read to see what actually happens).

Anyway, if we already had a bullet-point list of everything that changes and why, there wouldn't really be much for you to do, now would there? ;-)

Archived