Save game compatible?

Hi

I just saw this fix pack and it looks really great!

I have installed it because I encountered a bug in the copper coronet where all the comoners have turned hostile so that my party attacks them. I was hoping the fix pack could fix this.

Unfortunately it has not, I have now seen that the bug I experinced seems to be on the "not fixed yet" list. So nothing can be done about it? Can I do anything my self?

Also I have played some hours of the game and would like not to have to start a new game, so I would like to know if the fix pack is save game compatible?

No, nothing is really saved game compatible, because the game engine saves a bunch of stuff (creatures, areas, variables, etc.) in the saved games. So the mod changes the resources in the game (if it fixes this issue - not sure, but I think it does) but not the saved games too (it could seriously mess your saves up if it tried that).

There might be some sort of workaround via console or something, not sure. Otherwise you can try using a save from before you entered the Coronet for the first time.

No, nothing is really saved game compatible, because the game engine saves a bunch of stuff (creatures, areas, variables, etc.) in the saved games. So the mod changes the resources in the game (if it fixes this issue - not sure, but I think it does) but not the saved games too (it could seriously mess your saves up if it tried that).

There might be some sort of workaround via console or something, not sure. Otherwise you can try using a save from before you entered the Coronet for the first time.

Ok, thanks.

I am not really happy with restarting the game so I would like to know if I can expect any problems with using an old save with the fix pack? I guess things where I have already been, like the copper coronet, cannot be fixed, but future things will be?

I guess things where I have already been, like the copper coronet, cannot be fixed, but future things will be?
If you haven't been to the area yet, the fixes should apply to those, and any creatures, items in them. Same goes for global things that aren't stored locally (like spells I think).
I guess things where I have already been, like the copper coronet, cannot be fixed, but future things will be?
If you haven't been to the area yet, the fixes should apply to those, and any creatures, items in them. Same goes for global things that aren't stored locally (like spells I think).

Ok.

About the copper coronet, I would be very interested in hearing what one could do about it, if anything CAN be done. It is a bit annoying that I can't sleep there now because it says that I cannot rest when "monsters" are nearby.

WIthout giving any spoilers can you tell me if it plays any role in the rest of the game? Because if I won't be comming there much, it doesnt matter...

Guest Guest

Well, there's one quest that centers around the copper coronet, and NPCs that you kick out of your party often go back there, and a handful of other quests involve someone in the Copper Coronet. I don't think that you get any really powerful loot from these.

If people with names went hostile, a few non-essential quests might be incompletable. Other than that, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

If your party automatically attacks the commoners, you can turn party AI off. The button is in the bottom right of the screen (there are two buttons: the left turns party AI on/off, the right selects all characters).

I'm unsure as to what causes this - if it's a scripting glitch or what, so I don't know how you'd "fix" it in-game. I guess you could ctrl-Y and respawn everyone with the console, though it'd be pretty tedious since I think there's over 50 creatures in the Coronet.

I'm unsure as to what causes this - if it's a scripting glitch or what, so I don't know how you'd "fix" it in-game. I guess you could ctrl-Y and respawn everyone with the console, though it'd be pretty tedious since I think there's over 50 creatures in the Coronet.

What is this ctrl-y thing? It it a way to respawn single creatures? Because in the coronet there are about 4 of the commoners that have gone hostile, and if I could respawn only them it wouldnt be to big of a problem...

Ctrl-Y is a cheat that instantly kills any creature under the target when it's pressed, but you don't count as having killed them, so no XP, but no Rep hit either. You can then respawn them and they should be non-hostile

Ctrl-Y is a cheat that instantly kills any creature under the target when it's pressed, but you don't count as having killed them, so no XP, but no Rep hit either. You can then respawn them and they should be non-hostile

I am a bit unsure of how to use this.

Is this the command used: "CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("")" when spawning?

Also what name do I use if it is just a normal commoner? Do each have a unique ID or something?

Is this the command used: "CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("")" when spawning?
Yes - you would have to enable the console as described here if you haven't already.
Also what name do I use if it is just a normal commoner? Do each have a unique ID or something?
Yes, there are some 52 unique creature names in that area. If you really want to do this, get an editor like Near Infinity or DLTCEP (available here) and look at ar0406.are (Copper Coronet area file). In the "actors" section, you'll see the list of CREs you'd need to spawn (lehtin, surly, wench1, etc.).

I am a bit unsure of how to use this.

Once you've got the console activated (as Miloch has kindly provided) you simply activate the cheat keys as indicated on that page ( CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() , or I believe Enable Cheats=1 under [Game Options] in the ini file also works). Once this is done, put your mouse pointer over the creature to be killed and hit the ctrl and Y keys.

Thank you for the help!

I have fixed it now, killed the hostiles with ctrl-y and respawned Garrol and the Tavern Wench. I suppose all the Patrons, commoners and noblemen do not matter so I didn't want to respawn them. And they seem to be all that is missing now...

This was quite fun! And now I can sleep at the Coronet again!

Archived