BGT Advice

Hi there,

There are comprehensive instructions for installing Tutu, so precise in fact that it's extremely difficult to get a crash of any kind. My big problem is that I'm keen on using BGT as most BG1-Tutu -compatible mods are now seemingly BGT-compatible, these days - plus, BGT allows one to play dark side of the sword coast and secret of bonehill as well, unlike Tutu.

I just wanted to ask if anyone here has been playing a BGT-megamod and has experienced no serious bugs? By BGT-installation, I mean, of course, excluding the very buggy Big Picture but including the main stable big mods like Darkest Day, Tortured Souls, Check the Bodies etc., not NEJ or whatever. Any general recommendations re installation-order(eg:- roughly where to put spell-altering mods etc. would be most appreciated.

My intention is to at some stage do a BGT(minus BP) installation with SCS2 installed at the start of BG1 so as to take advantage of the SCS2-enhanced enemy mage component etc. early on.

Thanks for any advice.

SD

I just wanted to ask if anyone here has been playing a BGT-megamod and has experienced no serious bugs? By BGT-installation, I mean, of course, excluding the very buggy Big Picture but including the main stable big mods like Darkest Day, Tortured Souls, Check the Bodies etc., not NEJ or whatever. Any general recommendations re installation-order(eg:- roughly where to put spell-altering mods etc. would be most appreciated.

My intention is to at some stage do a BGT(minus BP) installation with SCS2 installed at the start of BG1 so as to take advantage of the SCS2-enhanced enemy mage component etc. early on.

Hi!

I don't know who else plays BGT apart from Taimon, but I do. Unfortunately, I've only played it twice, both very recently, and without any megamods, so I can't really comment. However, I'd like to tell you that you can indeed install both SCS and SCSII one after the other and thus have all the goodies (because an uninterruptable 300HP dragon is a goodie :)).

Strontium Dog, as you already well know, no current mega-install requires any mod, particularly the "very buggy Big Picture," so your quest to have a very custom install list is within sight.

Is your interest in stability issues centered on having SCS2 installed -- which I assume is the reason you made you post in this forum -- or do you want general stabilty advice focused on BGT? Please tell us, as it'll help us give you more specfic advice.

Hi!

I don't know who else plays BGT apart from Taimon, but I do. Unfortunately, I've only played it twice, both very recently, and without any megamods, so I can't really comment. However, I'd like to tell you that you can indeed install both SCS and SCSII one after the other and thus have all the goodies (because an uninterruptable 300HP dragon is a goodie :)).

Well if you say that I can install SCS2 over SCS1 then I suppose you mean only after the BG1-part has finished? I would prefer to installSCS2 over SCS1 before I even start playing the BG1-bit.

Well if you say that I can install SCS2 over SCS1 then I suppose you mean only after the BG1-part has finished? I would prefer to installSCS2 over SCS1 before I even start playing the BG1-bit.

Well, yes. My current install order is BG2 Fixpack, then BGT, then BG1NPC then a few additional mods (Kivan, Improved Horn of Valhalla, Lure of the Sirine's call, maybe something else), some BGTTweaks, BG2 Tweakpack, SCS and then SCSII. However, I think DavidW has stated more than once that if you are interested in pure SCSII mages, you can skip mages in SCS and then just instal the SCSII part. I don't know how will that affect Davaeorn, though.

Well, yes. My current install order is BG2 Fixpack, then BGT, then BG1NPC then a few additional mods (Kivan, Improved Horn of Valhalla, Lure of the Sirine's call, maybe something else), some BGTTweaks, BG2 Tweakpack, SCS and then SCSII. However, I think DavidW has stated more than once that if you are interested in pure SCSII mages, you can skip mages in SCS and then just instal the SCSII part. I don't know how will that affect Davaeorn, though.

DavidW also mentioned that he couldn't guarantee that installing the SCS2 mage component for the BG1 part wasn't bug-free. My concern is that the BG2-priest-component needs to be installed as well(and I think there may be some components connected to the SCS1- or SCS2-enhanced mages/priests components that might have to be avoided or have to be installed? What suprises me, though, is that people can install the SCS2-enhanced-mages/priests components midway into a BGT-game without bugs appearing - whenever I installed anything midgame in previous megamod attempts it would foul everything up in some way.

Archived