NPC Romance variables

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

What are the variables for each of the NPC's romances included in this pack? Is it possible to jumpstart one if another has not concluded? Is it possible to have more than one concurrently? Is it possible to start one regardless of conditions, ie gender or race by altering the global variables?

The bg1npc_romance_guide.pdf should answer most of those questions, in the bg1npc_docs folder, or bg1npcvarindex.htm. It is possible to have more than one at once, though there will likely be intentional conflicts. Not sure about the rest.

Guest Guest
The bg1npc_romance_guide.pdf should answer most of those questions, in the bg1npc_docs folder, or bg1npcvarindex.htm. It is possible to have more than one at once, though there will likely be intentional conflicts. Not sure about the rest.

Yes, I was looking at that before I posted, but it is not very self explanatory. I was thinking of the Xan romance, in particular. My character is an elf, chaotic good female, but the romance does not seem to have started. I've had Xan in the party for a couple of hours, but no LT1. Is there some way to jump start it?

Guest Guest

I was looking at this post

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...c=12335&hl=

and I checked the global variables in shadow keeper. I don't have any of these:

("X#XANMatch","GLOBAL")

("X#XARomanceActive","GLOBAL")

("X#XARomanceInactive","GLOBAL")

Maybe it's because I tried to make my elf look like a human by changing the appearance value in shadow keeper? I don't like the way the female elf avatars look... they are too skinny :)

I expect I could get it going by adding these and assigning them a number in shadow keeper? If yes, what numbers should I assign?

Guest Guest

I think I will leave it for the next time as this game is definitely engaging enough to play twice, especially modified so it can run with the bg2 engine. This is my first time playing bg1, but I have played bg2 before. I am actually thinking bg1 is better now. Certainly the dialogue is clever and funny, better than I remember bg2 being.

I picked up Coran thinking that if I got Safana soon, things wouldn't progress. From the way Ajantis and Coran were sniping at eachother too before I booted the latter... one is frankly enough.

Thanks very much for the npc content. It makes the game more engaging and fun. It is all pretty well written too, so kudos on that.

I do wish there was some explanation/documentation along with those variables. It would be nice and I don't think really over most people's heads. I never got the hang of that infinity explorer tool (it is terribly opposite-of-intuitive), so I am left guessing from the var names as to what does what and what's the problem and where. That is not a very reliable way to go ;p

Archived