Rapier

Ergopad

I think the disarm is more of a 3rd edition thing. And IMO the main-gauche is more for parrying, so bonus to ac would be nice, but not generally, maybe like bucker...

I'm glad that you are planning to add the swords to Lost Items. When are you planning to launch the new version of it?

I think the disarm is more of a 3rd edition thing. And IMO the main-gauche is more for parrying, so bonus to ac would be nice, but not generally, maybe like bucker...
Actually, it's from 2nd edition - "Fighters proficient with th emain-gauche gain a +1 bonus to hit with Disarm and Parry maneuvers." in Arms & Equipment. Later 2e supplements say they "give the user a special +2 bonus to any attempts to block with the weapon. In addition, the parrying dagger may break an enemy's sword when used in a defensive disarm maneuver. If the maneuver succeeds, the attacker must roll a successful saving throw vs. crushing blow for his sword if it is a rapier, or vs. normal blow for any other kind of sword." I don't know if any of that can be implemented though, so maybe the AC bonus vs. type is best. Also, the later supplements switched the damage of the rapier and cutlass, so they do 1d6 and 1d6+1 to small/medium targets, respectively. I guess I can kind of see how a cutlass might be more damaging, but on the other hand, I think a rapier should be more effective than the earlier estoc, which still does 1d6 as well. So I don't know - I'll probably add "masterwork" rapiers as well (most decent rapiers probably were of masterwork quality).
I'm glad that you are planning to add the swords to Lost Items. When are you planning to launch the new version of it?
I'll probably try to finish it after Mix-Mod, DSotSC and Aurora, so it depends on how much time I have on my hands at that point.

Archived