Belated praise

I only got around to playing Kivan within the past month, but I have to say, his fame is well-deserved: this is one of the best mods out there, and if he gets voiced, there'll be no stopping him. :)

The first dialogue he has with Anomen, about Anomen's former commander, is flawless: the original character isn't trashed, you learn something about each of them, and it fits perfectly into the game world.

(Domi: I'm not just saying this because you did voicing for me! I had started playing Kivan before that! :laugh: )

Thank you, I am glad you liked it. Heh, I have to admit that it's as diffiuclt as ever (and even more difficult maybe) for me to summon the enthusiasm for working on the old projects, but I will try my best to get Kivan's voicing done.

Domi

I keep singing the praises of ‘Kivan’ elsewhere so I should put some here where you have a better chance of seeing it. It’s a delightful character study and at times a touching and funny addition to BG. What’s nice about the mod is that Kivan grows during the story and the Kivan at the end is a much nicer person. My PC snapped at Kiv after the Faldorn incident and his reply made me realise that he was attempting to pull things together and to see beyond his own grief, though somewhat clumsily. He’s a long way off perfect, he makes mistakes but he admits to them and he remains a steadfast friend no matter what. The incident in the Underdark with Solaufein and Kivan’s dagger really affected me; he’d been whingeing on about where we were and then he came up trumps. I thought: one day Kiv will be fine!

I did like the way that Kivan builds up ‘affection’ for the PC depending on what happens – a deft piece of coding that and it isn’t a one-way street. Actually the ‘strength’ of his feelings surprised me as I thought we were friends - so I hope he found whatever it was he was looking for – sadly it wasn’t going to be me; I could see him through the angst just as he saw me through mine but romance wasn’t possible – or at least not that time. But as I say, you did this all very deftly and although I knew he was ‘romanceable’ I didn’t expect my compassion to have quite that effect!

Thank you – you provided some amusement over what has been a very dour summer weatherwise!

Thank you. It's always good to hear that the character makes a favorable impression. It is rather difficult to control the relationship direction without posting the bright flags in every responce. Hopefully, some of the Player-initiated options help a little bit to re-cast the relationship more to the player's liking without being overly intrusive. :)

Thank you. It's always good to hear that the character makes a favorable impression. It is rather difficult to control the relationship direction without posting the bright flags in every responce. Hopefully, some of the Player-initiated options help a little bit to re-cast the relationship more to the player's liking without being overly intrusive. :party:

Domi I like Kiv very, very much indeed and the mod is just super. He was throughout SoA such a good friend and his skill as an archer really surprised me. I thought I'd be baby sitting him but actually he often babysat the rest of us. :)

I really cared what happened to him and at one point found him the easiest way out and then wondered how I was going to manage with just 5 of us! I kind of sat here thinking: Doh Zi what have you just done!?! That you created such a strong emotional tie is a credit to you. If Kiv existed we'd be soul mates, best friends and yes I'd love him just as he obviously loved the PC but I'd pack him home to his wife. :D

Archived