Branwen

PetrusOctavianus

I gave her the Battleguard of Tempus kit, and using Lvl 1 NPCs I gave her two stars in Hammers, but the record sheet says she has only one attack per round. Is this a bug, have I misunderstood something (I'm not a lvl 36 AD&D Geek) or are single class Clerics hard-coded to have only one attack per round?

BTW, when using her special ability that grants her Grandmastery in Axes she still has only one attack per round.

From the ReadMe:

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Battleaxe - 'Battle Prowess' once per day

The Battle Prowess battleaxe is the spiritual weapon of Battleguards, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Battle Prowess is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Can place two proficiency stars in any melee weapon a cleric can use.

The attacks per round bonuses gained by having **/***** in a weapon, and/or at level 7 and 13, are only applied to fighters, rangers and paladins (+ duals and multis). Other classes/kits will only receive the thac0 & damage bonuses, not the attacks per round.

The attacks per round bonuses gained by having **/***** in a weapon, and/or at level 7 and 13, are only applied to fighters, rangers and paladins (+ duals and multis). Other classes/kits will only receive the thac0 & damage bonuses, not the attacks per round.

Thanks for the clarification. Too bad Branwen doesn't get that extra half attack. With no ability to use missile weapons the Battleguard are in many ways actually weaker than a vanilla cleric...

Thanks for the clarification. Too bad Branwen doesn't get that extra half attack. With no ability to use missile weapons the Battleguard are in many ways actually weaker than a vanilla cleric...
This was rather poorly implemented IMO, possibly to the point of being a bug (one I pointed out ages ago too). In Faiths & Avatars, the Battleguard can use missile weapons, she just can't use one as a "chosen" weapon, which gives her a +hit/damage bonus equivalent I suppose to putting 2 stars in a weapon. But that still means 1 star in missile weapons, not 0 stars.

Presumably, she could still use throwing hammers, though there aren't any in Tutu by default. I was going to add some with Thrown Hammers - as of now, it will add a returning hammer or two (though fairly late in the game I think usually).

Archived