Spell tweaks question

Guest Guest

In the documentation it says that Breach is stopped by Spell Turning, and that antimagic spells (presumably including Breach) affect improved invisible creatures. I think I remember reading that this is achieved by giving antimagic spells an area of effect.

So, does Spell Turning actually reflect Breach? If so, what happens if multiple creatures with Spell Turning or the like are within the Breach area-of-effect?

OK I see. How does Spell Shield work in terms of preventing area-of-effect antimagic spells?

I think it works normally (that is, glitchily: the vanilla spell isn't in the best of health!)

So if two creatures are standing next to each other, both with Spell Shield, vanilla bugs nonewithstanding, a single antimagic spell should remove both Spell Shields?

Are lots of enemies scripted to use Spell Shield?

I haven't encountered anyone using spellshield, so either it is extremely rare and for bosses only, or maybe I did not notice. (did not have the inclination to read the ten-to-fifteen lines of autobuffs one by one)

No SCSII mages use it. (I used it in the alpha version, but on several occasions it wasn't properly taken down by antimagic attacks, and I don't want to frustrate players).

So Spellstrike + True Seeing + Breach is a combination that will debuff any enemy mage?

There isn't some point I'm trying to make with these questions, incidentally, it's just idle curiosity.

So Spellstrike + True Seeing + Breach is a combination that will debuff any enemy mage?

There isn't some point I'm trying to make with these questions, incidentally, it's just idle curiosity.

Pretty much, yeah. It might happen that you'd need to recast a spell in case a mage buffs up again, but other than that it's that easy.

Archived