How do you kill spirit trolls?

Guest Guest_adam_*

Guest Guest_adam_*

Playing v8, how do you kill spirit trolls? In my game they get "knocked down" at "badly injured" instead of "near dead" and are immune to everything while they regenerate. Then they pop back up, and after I get them back down to badly injured, they fall down and are immune again. Fire arrows are currently my only source of fire (no mage), and they don't kill the trolls when they are down.

You forged the Flail of Ages yet? 2-3 hits with that will kill one. Better off if you are hasted (even better improved hasted) so you can get enough hits in before it gets up again.

Playing SCSII with no arcane caster can be pretty hard going though - I guess you can't cast haste or improved haste with no mage.

Do you have the "More Resilient Trolls" component installed? If so you'll need 8 points of fire/acid damage.

[...]

Playing SCSII with no arcane caster can be pretty hard going though - I guess you can't cast haste or improved haste with no mage.

One can cast a long lasting Improved Haste through three items in ToB. Until then only a short lasting Improved Haste (Ring of Gaxx, Bracers of Blinding Strike) is available. Haste is available through Oils of Speed... but those are of course finite.

Guest Guest_adam_*

Ahh I see, thanks for the info. This is a great mod by the way.

Do you have the "More Resilient Trolls" component installed? If so you'll need 8 points of fire/acid damage.

[...]

One can cast a long lasting Improved Haste through three items in ToB. Until then only a short lasting Improved Haste (Ring of Gaxx, Bracers of Blinding Strike) is available. Haste is available through Oils of Speed... but those are of course finite.

Archived