Possible bug, Kagain's quest

lac

I am playing with both BG1UB and the BG1 NPC project mods. I installed UB first, but did not install

the 'finishable caravan quest' part of that mod, as per the state of the union doc.

I then installed the BG1 NPC.

We've killed the caravn leader, and kagain goes and notices that the boy is dead, and signs up.

Then his next dialog is 'Now about that coin thing I promised'. There then shows up a red

message 'NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS'.

Whatever this bug is, it is not 100% reproducible. I went and reloaded from my save, expecting

it to happen again, before I offered to send it to you if you like. Second time through, no bug.

I can send the save to you anyway, but it seems less useful....

Anything else I can do to help track this one down?

Laura

bg1npc\tra\english\x#kaqst.tra(52): @45   = ~Now 'bout that coin thing I promised. Here, have it, but I expect my share of the booty from ye. I am poor now.~

related code

E:\BG1NPC_Workspace\bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#kaqst.d

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN X#KAQUREWARDParty
SAY @45
IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) !InParty(Player3) !InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(15) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) !InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(30) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(45) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) InParty(Player4) InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(60) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) InParty(Player4) InParty(Player5) InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(75) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
END

lac, were you soloing it (i.e. was it just you and Kagain in the party)? We (I) didn't think about that, obviously - either that, or for some reason the InParty check was failing for one or more party members.

And, just for fun, let's reorder these so that the evaluation works checking for each number, evaluated from bottom to top...

Either way, closing the loophole. No new lines, just straightforward code:

E:\BG1NPC_Workspace\bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#kaqst.d

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN X#KAQUREWARDParty
 SAY @45
 IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) InParty(Player4) InParty(Player5) InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(75) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
 IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) InParty(Player4) InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(60) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
 IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(45) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
 IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) InParty(Player3) !InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(30) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
 IF ~InParty(Player1) InParty(Player2) !InParty(Player3) !InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(15) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
 IF ~InParty(Player1) !InParty(Player2) !InParty(Player3) !InParty(Player4) !InParty(Player5) !InParty(Player6)~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(15) JoinParty()~ JOURNAL @35 EXIT
END

repaired 11/23/2008 prerelease v17

yes, just kagain and I.

And that is a fairly normal start for me -- begin game, go to beregost and dump

imoen, start looking for somebody useful to hang out with. Good me goes and

meets Kivan, bad me goes and meets Kagain. (well, bad me sometimes meets

Kivan as well ..)

Archived