WSM resets config, doesn't work

Guest Goodpart

Guest Goodpart

I've just installed ToB and Tutu on my Asus Eee 901, and I'm having a little problem. The widescreen mod doesn't seem to work. It installs without any problems, but when I enter the game itself, it asks me to use config for the "first time" (I've tried setting things myself previous to playing, etc -- no dice). When I actually get into the game, it seems to have reset itself to 800x600, rather than the 1024x600 I want it at. The game itself works fine, it's just annoying to not have the graphics work as they should be.

Just for comparison, I tried it on Planescape: Torment and it worked without a hitch.

I'm not sure what the deal is. Any help would be appreciated. :)

I've just installed ToB and Tutu on my Asus Eee 901, and I'm having a little problem. The widescreen mod doesn't seem to work. It installs without any problems, but when I enter the game itself, it asks me to use config for the "first time" (I've tried setting things myself previous to playing, etc -- no dice). When I actually get into the game, it seems to have reset itself to 800x600, rather than the 1024x600 I want it at. The game itself works fine, it's just annoying to not have the graphics work as they should be.

Just for comparison, I tried it on Planescape: Torment and it worked without a hitch.

I'm not sure what the deal is. Any help would be appreciated. :)

You need to start the game and configure it first before you install the widescreen mod. It works great on my MSI Wind at 1024x600.

Guest Goodpart
You need to start the game and configure it first before you install the widescreen mod. It works great on my MSI Wind at 1024x600.

Ah, now I might try that. Hang on a sec.

edit: You beautiful man. It works great!

It's always best to start the game at least one time to check that it actually works after the official patch and quit after you have seen the Irenicus cut scene(as it autosaves), before you install any mods.

Hi there,

I had the same problem but for me it wasn't fixed by starting TOB once, it just reverts to the config after installing. It seems that something in the mod is also resetting the config loop or something. Is there anyting else I can try? Or are there others with the same problem? Much appreciated

It's always best to start the game at least one time to check that it actually works after the official patch and quit after you have seen the Irenicus cut scene(as it autosaves), before you install any mods.

Hi there,

I had the same problem but for me it wasn't fixed by starting TOB once, it just reverts to the config after installing. It seems that something in the mod is also resetting the config loop or something. Is there anyting else I can try? Or are there others with the same problem? Much appreciated

Sorry for the additional post but maybe this information is important pertaining to my question: I try to run 1280*1024 fullscreen and have installed SoA+TOB+officialpatches+fixpack+tweakpack (in that order). Widescreen mod as last mod. 1280*1024 is native resolution of my TRT. Running a Nvidia Geforce 7 series card, XP SP3 with dual core AMD Fx64 4400+ with 2 GIG internal memory.

Hi there,

I had the same problem but for me it wasn't fixed by starting TOB once, it just reverts to the config after installing. It seems that something in the mod is also resetting the config loop or something. Is there anyting else I can try? Or are there others with the same problem?

Well, there might be a few things you can do: Check your "baldur.ini"s content with text editor(Wordpad, Notepad etc.), make a backup from it to a safe place and change the things, for example, the "First Run=" on my install is 0... (the zero is false as you should know)

Also from which .exe do you start the game? As I don't know if it matters, but I start it from the "BGMain.exe" as that avoids some of the configuration things and the selection window in Windows, so it goes strait to the game... and some of the other mods require it too.

But if those doesn't help, I can't give you advice on this stand...

So it may be a good idea for you to copy baldur.ini's content to a post, either before or after you have installed the WSM mod, as it makes a few changes to the file, and make clear of which it is, so I know when I check it out.

Archived