Triggering for Banters

Leomar

I'll only let you know, because I think most of you are fast gamers and don't realize that:

When I'm playing BG, I walk the map around, search for thing, talk with all peoples, rearrange my inventory, etc., etc. pp. Much time passes before I go on. So I find, that the banters comes to fast and that without the Jason accelerator speed. e.g. I leave Candlekeep, Gorion dies and I get Imoen in my party. I look for her inventory, look her stats and leave the charakter menu, without moving along. The banter shows up, where Imoen talked about, how is our adventure going, but I've had not exploring something with her yet.

That happens throughout the game for slow gamers. In one map the NPCs talked so much, that I can't really go on with the journey. When I reached Beregost the first time and explore the town and Lathander's temple, most of the banters are triggered and now the NPCs are silent and that in chapter 3.

I love the banters of the "BG1 NPC Project", but find, that the triggering time is to short. That is only my opinion. :)

Greetings Leomar

Guest LadyRolePlay
I'll only let you know, because I think most of you are fast gamers and don't realize that:

When I'm playing BG, I walk the map around, search for thing, talk with all peoples, rearrange my inventory, etc., etc. pp. Much time passes before I go on. So I find, that the banters comes to fast and that without the Jason accelerator speed. e.g. I leave Candlekeep, Gorion dies and I get Imoen in my party. I look for her inventory, look her stats and leave the charakter menu, without moving along. The banter shows up, where Imoen talked about, how is our adventure going, but I've had not exploring something with her yet.

That happens throughout the game for slow gamers. In one map the NPCs talked so much, that I can't really go on with the journey. When I reached Beregost the first time and explore the town and Lathander's temple, most of the banters are triggered and now the NPCs are silent and that in chapter 3.

I love the banters of the "BG1 NPC Project", but find, that the triggering time is to short. That is only my opinion. :)

Greetings Leomar

I have the same install you do Leomar, except mine is the non expert install and found the very same problem. Now I've got an all silent party, except for Xan on occasion, but I picked him up later in the game.

I remember there being three or so options on the speed of the banter, I choose the 'standard' one, and it's all over banter wise. I wish in retrospect I had chosen the slowest speed possible. Is there any way to rest that once the mega mod install is done, w/out going through an entire reinstall?

BTW I think even so, perhaps reconsidering the speed of it, might be a consideration.

This could be a Tutu/BGT thing, as BGT takes considerably longer to play through with the added mods. Unfortunately, the banters themselves are a BioWare thing - we just let the game engine do its thing. On Tutu fully modded, banters still happen way into the game even with the Banter accellerator fully installed (and I play the incredibly sow "clear the whole map patiently before going to the Big City way).

The good news is that you will find a number of things are tied to both chapter change and materials like friend talks, etc. are set for area or other conditions. We can take a look at the banter accellerator or ask JCompton to reengineer a "Banter De-accellerator" to slow the engine calls on pdialog.2da down, but then the same de-accelleration would apply to the BG2 portion - and after all thebanter packs and NPCs, that might be unfortunate!

Something o puzzle over, anyways. Perhaps he answer might be to have someone create an add-on Banter Pack for Tutu/BGT BG content.

(LadyRolePlay, there is indeed an easy and quick way to edit in new values for the lovetalks, but I am out of time right now - I'll try to swing back later on this evening if nooe else has told you how to edit the <<NPC>>_ROM values in gtimes.ids... all bg1npc lovetalks run with tokens. Not so lucky on the friend talks, I'm afraid).

Guest LadyRolePlay
This could be a Tutu/BGT thing, as BGT takes considerably longer to play through with the added mods. Unfortunately, the banters themselves are a BioWare thing - we just let the game engine do its thing. On Tutu fully modded, banters still happen way into the game even with the Banter accellerator fully installed (and I play the incredibly sow "clear the whole map patiently before going to the Big City way).

The good news is that you will find a number of things are tied to both chapter change and materials like friend talks, etc. are set for area or other conditions. We can take a look at the banter accellerator or ask JCompton to reengineer a "Banter De-accellerator" to slow the engine calls on pdialog.2da down, but then the same de-accelleration would apply to the BG2 portion - and after all thebanter packs and NPCs, that might be unfortunate!

Something o puzzle over, anyways. Perhaps he answer might be to have someone create an add-on Banter Pack for Tutu/BGT BG content.

(LadyRolePlay, there is indeed an easy and quick way to edit in new values for the lovetalks, but I am out of time right now - I'll try to swing back later on this evening if nooe else has told you how to edit the <<NPC>>_ROM values in gtimes.ids... all bg1npc lovetalks run with tokens. Not so lucky on the friend talks, I'm afraid).

I am awed and humbled by the level of support you mod creators give to us users, let alone these fabulous works! I thank you so much for your help, and please do not hurry on my account.

I intend to play through with many class combo's to see as much as I can see. SO no rush. Thank you so much

Thank you both for your responses.

LadyRolePlay:

I have the same install you do Leomar, except mine is the non expert install and found the very same problem.

Since BWP is splitted between BW and expert-version, I install only the BW version, so we have the same non expert version. :D

I remember there being three or so options on the speed of the banter, I choose the 'standard' one, and it's all over banter wise.

These options are only for the romances. You can't adjust the normal banters. But here you are right, too. If I need 2-3 hours to explore a city by day, I've got 2-3 romance banters then...

Is there any way to rest that once the mega mod install is done, w/out going through an entire reinstall?

Sorry, I can't help you here. cmorgan will be your man. :)

cmorgan:

The good news is that you will find a number of things are tied to both chapter change and materials like friend talks, etc. are set for area or other conditions.

Yes I know and I love this. :)

I talked about the normal banters and by this way not of the romance banters.

"Banter De-accellerator"

I thought that the banters themselves are a BioWare thing and you has confirmed it to me. Your idea for a solution for the slow gamers like me is great ... :) Good to know, that I'm not the only slow gamer in the world ... :D

...but then the same de-accelleration would apply to the BG2 portion - and after all thebanter packs and NPCs, that might be unfortunate!

Not really. If someone is a slow gamer, than he would like it, that all Banters triggers slower. Is the same with the JC accelerator: A fast gamer like it, that all banters triggers faster...

Greetings Leomar

Archived