Spell Trap

Grand_Dracolich

I just read the description for Spell Trap and noticed that it's supposed to restore lost spells, but I tried it out, and it didn't. Is this small feature of that spell really broken, and will it be fixed in this mod?

I'd like to be able to target one Spell Trapped mage with Finger of Death from another mage to help power him up :).

Hmm, that's odd. At least in the original game the spell really restores lost spell slots (although it's only one spell at a time, no matter how high level the absorbed spell was). Did you try it with spells like Power Word, Stun and Power Word, Kill? At least in the original game those two should work.

Having SCS installed it has been difficult to test this spell, SCS's AI pratically never cast a spell against someone protected with spell deflection/turning/trap.

It seems to me that Spell Trap does work if the trapped spells are casted by enemies.

Instead even hostile spells won't recharge the spellbook if casted by allied creatures.

If that is how this spell really works it's fine for me, but it would be good to have more players test this spell.

For consistency reasons,It would be better if the spells would be trapped no matter the source.
I can do nothing if it's a problem related to the hardcoded spell trap opcode. :)

I am hoping to get to finally play both IR and SR soon enough... :)
Me too. :)
Instead even hostile spells won't recharge the spellbook if casted by allied creatures.
When I played as a solo sorcerer over the two and a half years ago, I used Spell Trap + Simulacrum exploit to recharge my spells during the battle. It most certainly did work, otherwise Baltazar would make a steak of me for sure.

I'm talking about the castable Trap, not the one from Staff of Magi (which iirc was indeed bugged somehow).

Archived