Kurgan Soundset Advice Needed

Strontium Dog

It occurred to me that having Kurgan as a protagonist in Baldur's Gate would be highly appropriate, and I've gotten bored with using Betser's image and sounds from Babylon 5. I already know how to crop Kurgan's images online and make them BG2-compatible . I have also downloaded various mp3-files of his voice in the Highlander movies, but haven't a clue as to how to change them so as to make them BG2-compatible as well. Any advice/tutorial re this would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

See if the tutorial below gets you where you want to be, and don't hesitate to ask if you are stuck somewhere along the way. :) You want to change those mp3 in the standard mono WAV's. You can use Audacity for it.

http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php?topic=742.0

Thanks. Is there any limit to the length of the wavs, though?

Also, is there an online tutorial for character-creation in BG2?

See if the tutorial below gets you where you want to be, and don't hesitate to ask if you are stuck somewhere along the way. :) You want to change those mp3 in the standard mono WAV's. You can use Audacity for it.

http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php?topic=742.0

Thanks. Is there any limit to the length of the wavs, though?

And my current freeware DVD player doesn't have a separate audio-capture function. Does anyone here know of one that allows you to capture just the audio part of a DVD?

Also, is there an online tutorial for character-creation in BG2?

Thanks

Not really, but shorter files just work better in a soundset.

Do you mean a joinable NPC? There is Ace's tutorial which is very thorough.

Pity that I can't use longer wavs but I suppose they would conflict with other wavs appearing when other characters are activated.

I've found ace's tutorial on the spellhold studios forum. Is there a tutorial for changing some of the actual music in the game? Or is that too difficult to do?

Thanks.

By the way, I solved the whole problem re downloading Kurgan's wavs. Turns out there's a whole Kurgan Yahoo Group devoted to the character, which features pretty much every single wav of his words, including laughter, so all I need now is to check the spellhold studios section and create a zip-file.

Just thought I'd mention that my 2 BG2-soundsets("The Kurgan" and "Bester") are now ready for download from sorcerers.net(it seems to be the best site for that, as fileplanet requires payment for uploading files, I think):-

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_soundsets.php

(I must admit that this first attempt at modding is really rather uplifting. Until recently, I'd thought I was too technologically illiterate to even be able to create a workable soundset, let alone a mod.).

Archived