Abazigal-NO VALID REPLIES or LINKS

Silverstar

I have had intense fun with my mega mod installation. I have nearly every component of SCS II and Wheels of Prophecy (great mods, BTW!) I have slaughtered Sendai, parleyed with Balthazar, and went on to kill Abazigal.

All went well until I got to big bad blue himself. (Cool, could not count the number of dragon corpses we have left, BTW) The fight was tough as Tamah joins too. However, I manage to badly wound Abby and he starts his death dialogue: 'NO great flames of my existence etc' however, I only get the dreaded 'NO valid replies of links' bug and exit the dialogue. This does not trigger his death and he always stays at near death, and thus my game is utterly stucked. I have tried a couple times and all went same.

Can you offer a solution? A CLUA console command to make Abby real dead would be welcome so I can get on with my game. I thought I could finish ToB today (only throne left) but now I am stucked. So any help would be welcomed.

EDIT I try to post my weidu log but it is so huge I can not post it it takes forever in the posting screen. I have SCS II, tactics, imp. battles and ascension mods. Plus Nathaniel NPC Viconia friendship, romantic encounters, herbs/potions, and wheels of prophecy. I had the patch and G3 fix pack and G3 tweaks...and I am desperate. Help!?

I have had intense fun with my mega mod installation. I have nearly every component of SCS II and Wheels of Prophecy (great mods, BTW!) I have slaughtered Sendai, parleyed with Balthazar, and went on to kill Abazigal.

All went well until I got to big bad blue himself. (Cool, could not count the number of dragon corpses we have left, BTW) The fight was tough as Tamah joins too. However, I manage to badly wound Abby and he starts his death dialogue: 'NO great flames of my existence etc' however, I only get the dreaded 'NO valid replies of links' bug and exit the dialogue. This does not trigger his death and he always stays at near death, and thus my game is utterly stucked. I have tried a couple times and all went same.

Can you offer a solution? A CLUA console command to make Abby real dead would be welcome so I can get on with my game. I thought I could finish ToB today (only throne left) but now I am stucked. So any help would be welcomed.

Okay, I'm not immediately sure what's going on here. (And unfortunately there's no CLUA insta-kill for Abby).

Am I right that you've

(1) killed Sendai, and had a dream sequence;

(2) entered the monastery, negotiated with Balthazar and Melissan, fought Melissan, made a deal with Balthazar, and had a dream sequence;

(3) fought your way out of Amkethran past Abazigal's army;

(4) fought Abazigal?

If so it certainly should work (that's exactly my own runthrough last time I tried it).

Do the following:

GetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADSENDAI","GLOBAL")

GetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADBALTH","GLOBAL")

GetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADDW#MELIS","GLOBAL")

You should get 1, 0 and 1. If you don't, you could try setting them to those values.

If neither of those work, get back to me.

You are exactly right about those.

What dream sequence you mean? I was summoned while talking to Balthazar by the Solar and she opened up Cyric's test as usual. I did the Cyric's test, though I avoided the fight as I have slain his favoured goons back in SoA. (Rogues Rebalancing Chosen of Cyric encounter)

I checked via Shadowkeeper. Melissan and Sendai globals are rightly 1, but there was no global about Balthazar. I added the global and set it to 0, reloaded and retried the battle. (used CTRL+Y for testing) the same no valid replies or links bug. Am I stucked for good? Can't I use a CLUAcode to fake Abazigal's death so I can go directly to Throne of Bhaal to end the saga?

You are exactly right about those.

What dream sequence you mean? I was summoned while talking to Balthazar by the Solar and she opened up Cyric's test as usual. I did the Cyric's test, though I avoided the fight as I have slain his favoured goons back in SoA. (Rogues Rebalancing Chosen of Cyric encounter)

I checked via Shadowkeeper. Melissan and Sendai globals are rightly 1, but there was no global about Balthazar. I added the global and set it to 0, reloaded and retried the battle. (used CTRL+Y for testing) the same no valid replies or links bug. Am I stucked for good? Can't I use a CLUAcode to fake Abazigal's death so I can go directly to Throne of Bhaal to end the saga?

You could try setting SPRITE_IS_DEADABAZIGAL to 1. I don't know if that will work or not.

The other thing you could do is to post the file abazigal.dlg (in your override), and I can have a look and see if I can figure it out.

True()Global("FHAbazig1","GLOBAL",0)

IfValidForPartyDialogue("Nath")

!StateCheck("Nath",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

SetGlobal("FHAbazig1","GLOBAL",1)Enemy()!Dead("Sendai")

!Dead("balth")

!Dead("dw#melis")

Dead("Sendai")

!Dead("balth")

!Dead("dw#melis")

ClearAllActions()

StartCutSceneMode()

EraseJournalEntry(67718)

EraseJournalEntry(72245)

SetGlobal("Enclave","GLOBAL",1)

//DestroyItem("BHAALHP1")

AddXP2DA("ABAZIGAL")

Wait(1)

EndCutSceneMode()

Kill(Myself)

ClearAllActions()

StartCutSceneMode()

SetGlobal("Enclave","GLOBAL",2)

//DestroyItem("BHAALHP1")

Wait(1)

AddXP2DA("ABAZIGAL")

EraseJournalEntry(67718)

EraseJournalEntry(72245)

EraseJournalEntry(67464)

EraseJournalEntry(67465)

StartCutScene("cut240a")

Kill(Myself)

Look, there are some codes including Nathaniel NPC! Maybe this is the cause! I tried CTRL+Ying and dropping Nathaniel out of my party, but to no avail.

I guess this file is corrupted. How can I edit it so that I can continue my game?

I haven't tried setting Abazigal's deah global however, I think we have a hint here.

Tried a few more things. Set Abazigal dead to 1, set Enclave Global to 2 and exited thru the portal in Abazigal's chamber. Elminster came and talked to me. I went to Pocket Plane, set global Talked to Solar '6', CTRL +Jed the barrier to start Ravager encounter...Killed it, and the game said that last of the bhaal childs is dead, and I must now go to Throne of Bhaal. But the exit takes me back to Abazigal's lair...I am at a loss here, what globals I need to set to go to Throne of Bhaal to kick some Melyssan butt?

EDIT:I should have known that I needed to go visit Balthazar first...I did. Then the dream sequence triggered after I went where I needed to go... (cool additions, BTW!) and then Ravager was killed and now I stand in Throne of Bhaal, ready for Ascension battle. Wish me luck!

Sorry for troubling you, and thanks, I guess setting Abazigal's death global did the trick. I don't know the cause of the bug, but at least now I can finish the saga. Happy!

Archived