SCSII is the best tactics mod ever

I like SCSII a lot. It's enough to warrant another BG2 playthrough.

Smarter mages is fun.

Improved ToB enclaves is also fun.

All enemies using potions? Finally.

Bandit mobs making use of invisibility potions, descending as one in the form of a great cloaked horde? Sure.

Modular components is good.

So...good job. Do...more. Yeah.

Guest culmore

Just adding my thanks also.

great mod. Makes the game a challenge!!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU!!!!

I like SCSII a lot. It's enough to warrant another BG2 playthrough.

Smarter mages is fun.

Improved ToB enclaves is also fun.

All enemies using potions? Finally.

Bandit mobs making use of invisibility potions, descending as one in the form of a great cloaked horde? Sure.

Modular components is good.

So...good job. Do...more. Yeah.

Guest AzureDrag0n1

This looks interesting. I have been using tactics mod for a long time now as well as a few others. Does this mod interfere much with tactics mod? I did not see an improved twisted rune anywhere. I can see that it would since the staff of magi was altered which would stop the enemy mage from abusing the invisibility components of it.

One thing that worries me is the change of melf meteors to +2. How will I kill those iron and adamantium golems now with a spell caster party? Maybe I won't use the spell tweaks part.

Yeah but Mages have a hard enough time hitting stuff with Melf anyway due to super low thac0 and that is with the +5 version. In addition they can be a double edged sword later game as it disables your weapon so you can't use it's powers. Plus it is often dispelled.

Also a lot of the other spells seem neglected. I did not see comet in there. I forget which mod it was but there was one that changed comet to ignore magic resistance and changed the damage type to 50% cold and something else. It was actually a decent alternative to Dragon Breath instead of being useless compared to it.

I have not tried it yet but do any enemies use the more interesting combos? I have never seen any fighter mage use tenser transform in a contingency. Something like mislead, improved haste, tenser transform on a fighter/mage at 50% hp. Add something like contingency spell immunity divination to really add challenge at 50% hp. If you do stuff like this already it would make me really happy to fight enemies like this.

This is what makes me sad. Lack of battle mage type characters in the mods I have played or battle mage focused combos. If this one does not have that then do you know any that do?

...I forget which mod it was but there was one that changed comet to ignore magic resistance and changed the damage type to 50% cold and something else. It was actually a decent alternative to Dragon Breath instead of being useless compared to it.
/@ Comet: Was it Spell Revisions, which has such a change.

Oversight mod, versions 7 and earlier.

Archived