Just a small request. Idea actually.

Jarno Mikkola

I didn't exactly know where to put this, thus I made a new topic... Imp works, call it.

So... as I know that the Icewind Dale uses the same item files and mostly the same item names as BGII... so just as a joke... I went ahead and tried to install the mod on my Icewind Dale install copy...

And it worked!!! Well mostly, as one should expect the first two component won't, cause it can't find the items, but the rule change components do install, and some even work!

Now, I get CTDs when I try to load old game but that's to be expected.

The component 3 worked perfectly! My Mage/Fighter now is slower caster, but can cast very nicely within his leather armor. (I had already installed the G3Icewind Dale Tweak packs component...)

The C#8 worked too, nice!

The C#9 was a little weard, but I guess it worked, didn't really check it so thoroughly though.

The C#10 Made the shields to some other type, so they can't be used, ahh. :lol:

The C#11 This might have broken the patched items, as I got a lot CTDs from daggers when trying to equip them, ahh. :lol:

The C#12 Don't know, will never know, as I am not able to cheat in the game.

The C#13 There is no item altering equipment function, but still it installed nicely, but it's worthless I think.

Didn't try the Druids without helms and their armor re-restrictions.

Also take notice that the item descreptions updated nicely, I think, so there was no problems with those.

Here is a quote from my WeiDU.log that I could install, I didn't try to install everyone of them as I went with the once I saw that might try.

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #3 // Spellcasting in Armor -> Allow Spellcasting in Armor with Casting Speed Penalties for Arcane Casters: v1

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #8 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Dexterity Penalties in Heavy Armor: v1 (didn't try the others, didn't want to.)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor: v1

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: v1

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: v1

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: v1

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: v1

Or you could consider giving some of the component codes to the G3DaleTweakpack...

Ever though so much outside the box?

As mentioned in the readme, all of my code is up for grabs for whoever wants it. I can't see much of this stuff working straight off the bat in the other games, but the principles should be similar if someone wants to port any of it or do similar changes.

Archived