About dyna..does have some very minor spoilers

LadyRolePlay

So I am at Bauldur's Gate, I've really finished out everything, but what's there.

I KNOW that.. dyna dies at the end of it, cause the BW chose their own canon ending. Yet TotSC she's listed as a companion.

How does that work with this mod? I do know she dies, but I've tried not to spoil myself too much. Does the BG 1 ending .. with Savok's death make her unavailable as a companion in the xpac?

Reason I am asking is a 'little' selfish, but I gonna miss her anyway. Right now when I find the best scrolls as loot I have been handing them off to Edwin, cause he will be around, figuring she won't be, so if I have one high lvl scroll .. best to give to Edwin. Once the main game is over, it's over for her right?..I know it sounds cold, but some things are just practical decisions! :)

Well, you are on a BGT install, right? In that case, Dynaheir will have some commentary and a "final goodbye" etc. in the romance track, and you haven't encountered Winski in the Undercellar, so definitely a few more things to go. That will be it n a BGT install. I honestly don't remember how Ascension64 deals with Dynaheir in BGT, but i knwo that without further modding she is supposed to die ofscreen between the two games - and I suspect he has her excluded from the NPCs ported to BG2 in a BGT game.

On a Tutu install, you get an interruption of the game-ender script, which always played on Sarevok's death. It takes you to a final cutscene, where the party is attacked and abducted - it is posted in some thread or other around here, if you poke about a bit.

But in general, both Tutu and BGT, you should do all the TotSC stuff before confronting Sarevok anyways. The xpack is added content really designed to be explored before you finish the main plotline, rather than afterwards - the death of Sarevok in both BG and BG+TotSC sends the end-of-game materials into play, and you can't play any more at all, nada, nothing, no way - start a new game!

(p.s. - if you are just starting baldur's gate city, there is about another whole game to go even without the expansion materials. I finish every screen fully and explore every nook and cranny of BG before the city, and mark the "50% done with BG content" when I first cross that bridge. With a fully megamodded BGT install, you probalably have only covered 30% of the BG content, and are about [perhaps roughly] 15% of the way through the full game, depending on what mods you have installed on BG2 and how many NPCs you are cycling through. If you are wringing things out by swapping party members around alot, you could be playing consistently several hours per week for the next year and not complete everything...)

The primary "end" of BG content is all triggered off of Sarevok's death. While it might be technically possible on a BGT install to do some extra exploring between the time you kill Sarevok and report to Belt for your transfer to BG2, the Saga (whether played through in original format, Tutu, EasyTutu, or BGT) is designed to run as follows:

Original: BG. Kill Sarevok, game over.

Expansion: BG, but explore all TotSC content before confronting the Palace and chasing folks into the Undercity (the original TotSC had an option of playing with a pre-made party or starting from a save just before killing Sarevok, but it didn't make any sense story-wise - all the expanded content is designed to run *before* the Undercity - indeed, before entering the coronation and messing with everyone). Return from last of content (usually Balduran's Isle), kill Sarevok. Game Over.

(after BG2 was invented, Load BG2, import character frm BG1, then continue).

Tutu/EasyTutu: As BG+TotSC. Move a savegame to BG2, an directly import character from the savegame, delete savegame, then continue).

BGT: As BG+TotSC. After killing Sarevok, return to a character (Belt, if I recall correctly) and get transitioned to BG2 content.

BGT: As BG+TotSC. After killing Sarevok, return to a character (Belt, if I recall correctly) and get transitioned to BG2 content.

Yes, after killing Sarevok with BGT you have the possibility to go directly to Belt to start the transition to BG2 or do the quests you have not finished yet before you go to Belt.

Here is the thread After killing Sarevok what happens with Dynaheir in the party. There is the information, that the game ends in Tutu if you have Dynaheir in your party, but that happens not in BGT. Here the readme counts the following:

The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Dynaheir to romance a male PC, and triggers an extension to Dynaheir's Quest. Please note that for BGT compatibility, the final set of cutscene encounters does not occur in the BGT version.

Greetings Leomar

Yes, after killing Sarevok with BGT you have the possibility to go directly to Belt to start the transition to BG2 or do the quests you have not finished yet before you go to Belt.

Here is the thread After killing Sarevok what happens with Dynaheir in the party. There is the information, that the game ends in Tutu if you have Dynaheir in your party, but that happens not in BGT. Here the readme counts the following:

The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Dynaheir to romance a male PC, and triggers an extension to Dynaheir's Quest. Please note that for BGT compatibility, the final set of cutscene encounters does not occur in the BGT version.

Greetings Leomar

ty for the heads up leomar! I didn't know it does not occur in BGT version, so I could opt out to 'finish the quests' ie the xpac before letting the other happen, I know you loose all your gear to in the BGT version, thought nothing of it at level one, my guys are looking so nice now LOL at lvl seven, going experience pang of loss! :)

Archived