Mod help and suggestions

Kahael

Hey guys, I am a HUGE fan of the Baldur's Gate series as I am sure everyone else is and I wanted to get back into and play them through again. I am pretty new to modding and such but I want to take it slow and just worry about Baldur's Gate 1 for now.

I've been looking through all the mods and one that keeps popping up is tutu which includes some content, bug fixes, and the graphics of BG2. Unfortunately I can not get tutu to work for the life of me (http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=a17ccd41ac9e8f38c60eb02df23da610&topic=25953.0 that is a full explanation of the error if you have any suggestions or ideas).

So seeing as how I'm stuck with Vanilla (which I'm fine with). I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some good mods that are Vanilla compatible. I was REALLY interested in the NPC Project mod but I'm not sure if that is compatible. Basically I am just looking for bug fixes, new content, and I want to make the game quite challenging (the harder the better). I don't want to drastically alter anything (no getting level 40 in BG1 or ridiculous spells/items or anything like that) I just want some fresh content, difficulty, and obviously bug fixes. If anyone could suggest anything that would be great. Thanks a bunch

Well, really, you want EasyTuTu (google it), which is an installer of a new game.

Not many mods are made for plain old BG1 now, we have BG1 Tweaks here, and Jastey's Ajantis Romance (I think) here, and you might want to check out here. for more, but I am not too sure.

There aren't may people who play vanilla any more, I am afraid. Personally, if you want everything possible, you should try BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy) at SHS and their forums are here. Also there is the largest known stable collection of mods, called the BiG World Project, which only die-hard players would try!

Do you have full installs of both? (BG1 Custom, all boxes checked, for both BG1 and TotSC) and are you patched?

Icen

Guest Guest_Kahael_*

Unfortunately I tried easytutu and it isnt working for me

yes full installs of both (everything checked) and they are both patched

I am running windows XP home

Guest Guest_Kahael_*

yea thats my fault, I guess im not the best with terminology, I downloaded the latest version and it installed into the default directory (made sure it wasnt my bg or bg2 directory) and then it went to the easy tutu setup and began installing, it seemed to get through the BG2 portion of the install just fine, then it got to the BG1 portion, got to the high 90%'s, might of even finished, and then another screen came up which looked similar to the unpacking screen for when i first installed easy tutu into the directory and it said ".\" folder is not accessible

I hit ok for that error message and then it went back to the tutu setup screen and said "Failed to patch BGMain.exe! Cannot Continue!"

hope this helps and thank you very much for your help

Ok, first, as it is a game installer, it doesn't have to be in your default directory, and what file was it copying when it crashed?

Because you most likely don't have that file, then you can search your BG1 discs for it or we can send it to you.

Icen

I agree with Icendoan on most of what he posted here, but I'll modify what he said about mods for vanilla BG.

First, I play vanilla BG myself. No Tutu/BGT. There are very few mods for it compared to SoA/ToB, but check around at Chosen of Mystra, Blackworm Lair, Pocket Plane Group, and a few other site we have links to here.

Most mods for BG1 have been revised to work on BGT and/or Tutu, but there's still a fair number available for those who like vanilla BG. The Xan and Ajantis Friendship mods, as well as BG1 Tweaks, are just the most recent.

Archived