kitlist.2da question

Guest Guest_aeviannce24_*

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to view the flags of items so that I could make my own string for the usability hex in kitlist.2da? The kit I'm making is for the ranger class and I want it to have proficiencies the same as a regular archer but cannot wear ANY armor just like a mage.

Any thoughts?

You will automatically be unable to use any items your parent class cannot use. So, you can just assign your kit the usability of a kit without access to armor (ie. kensai) keeping in mind that depending on your choice, other items may become unusable (ie. bracers). If you end up having need to combine unusabilities to really restrict a kit, you can do so with the Windows Calculator, in scientific mode. Just switch to Hex mode in the top left, and add all of your unusabilities together.

Usability flags can be viewew by DLTCEP or NI.

IIRC item restriction wise there is no way to make a new kit, as the number of bits is hardcoded. That's what I've heard.

Still, there is a #180 opcode "can't use item". Applying this effect via CLABxxx.2DA should effectively fix the problem.

First of all, thanks all of you for your replies!

Sorry for being such a noob but I really don't have an idea where the hexes of the items can be seen for both DLTC and NI so, can anyone tell me?

Also, I'm thinking of using the Druid kit, Shapeshifter unusable flags for my kit since it's exactly what I need. A question though, will the kit still be able to use mage robes or is restricted from using it as well?

Again, thanks for all your help!

Well, in NI, you need to go to Options and tick Show Hex Offsets.

Then just open an item, and you can see all the hex values.

Yes, though I guess you could make shapeshifter-only robes, but that is hard to get in-game.

Icen

First of all, thanks all of you for your replies!

Sorry for being such a noob but I really don't have an idea where the hexes of the items can be seen for both DLTC and NI so, can anyone tell me?

Are you looking to examine individual files to determine if they are or are not usable by a certain class/kit? My best advice would be to learn a bit of WeiDU so you could get really nice lists of items ("show me everything usable by rangers but unusable by Shapeshifters"), but if you just want to look at individual items, you can load them up in NI pretty easily. You will need to look in a couple places, though - the alignment, race and class usabilities are located early on (0x1e through 0x21, condensed into one field in my NI), while the kit usabilities are located later and split up a bit (0x29, 0x2b, 0x2d, and 0x2f).

Also, I'm thinking of using the Druid kit, Shapeshifter unusable flags for my kit since it's exactly what I need. A question though, will the kit still be able to use mage robes or is restricted from using it as well?

Again, thanks for all your help!

Most of the class-specific restrictions (druids can't wear mage robes) are built in to the class (which makes sense, or the vanilla druids would be able to use robes), so they generally do not set duplicate flags for kits. Therefore, a mage kit using the Shapeshifter unusability value would probably still be able to use mage robes, but since you are making a ranger kit, and rangers can't wear mage robes, your kit won't be able to anyway. Short answer: no mage robes.

Archived