Bug: inappropriate dialog if you kill the Shade Lord before you talk to the Mayor but after you talk to the Ogres

lac

If, say through the UB extended Ithallium quest, you find out where the Temple ruins are without visiting Umar Hills, you can kill the SL, then visit Umar Hills, and first talk to the Ogres (who still want you to broker a deal with the mayor about protecting the village) before visiting the Mayor.

When you talk to the Mayor you correctly are given only one dialog choice, the one that says 'you won't be having any problems from now on, because I just killed this Shade Lord' (or something to that effect). But if you then follow up with 'by the way I have a proposition from the Ogres' the mayor responds with 'hmm, so the ogres aren't responsible so you had better go to Marcella's cabin and look for clues'.

If, say through the UB extended Ithallium quest...

<snip>

Then this a bug report for UB, not g3Fixpack, as UB should adjust the Umar Hills dialogues to accomodate for the go-around of the standard quest paths.

I am not sure about that. There is no law that says you have to talk to the Mayor when you arrive in

Umar Hills. You might just skip his house. Or, maybe you are at Umar Hills searching for Valgyar, and

find Marcella's cabin first. Then you could have a perfectly reasonable way to find and kill the SL before

talking to the Mayor, completely vanilla and not having anything to do with UB.

If, say through the UB extended Ithallium quest...

<snip>

Then this a bug report for UB, not g3Fixpack, as UB should adjust the Umar Hills dialogues to accomodate for the go-around of the standard quest paths.

I am not sure about that. There is no law that says you have to talk to the Mayor when you arrive in

Umar Hills. You might just skip his house. Or, maybe you are at Umar Hills searching for Valgyar, and

find Marcella's cabin first. Then you could have a perfectly reasonable way to find and kill the SL before

talking to the Mayor, completely vanilla and not having anything to do with UB.

You are correct.

Archived