installing hotfixes

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*

Just a really quick question from a complete novice when it comes to understanding what it is I'm actually installing. I downloaded the hotfixes for both Item revisions and Spell revisions and unpacked them into thier appropriate folders.I got the message asking if I wanted to copy over the original file and said yes to all. Do I now have to rerun the weidu installer for each mod? or are the changes automatically added without me having to do anything else? Also..I've just finished installing a rather large weidu mod list..after I installed the hotfixs mention above I should be safe to go right? Or do I have to do the whole thing over now since I've installed the hotfixes?

Thanks alot for all the help...By the by..the mods sound really great I can't wait to get into them with SCS.

Darkmoon

It may be possible that you won't run into many issues, but I wouldn't recommend what you've done. The hotfixes should require a re-install (only IR needs to be re-installed) to be sure of not causing strange problems, and fixes like the ones affecting optional components (e.g. cleric's weapon restrictions, druid can't wear metal, ...) surely haven't been fixed without a re-install.

Anyway...if you are willing to wait a little longer IR V2 is almost ready, just so you know. :)

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*
It may be possible that you won't run into many issues, but I wouldn't recommend what you've done. The hotfixes should require a re-install (only IR needs to be re-installed) to be sure of not causing strange problems, and fixes like the ones affecting optional components (e.g. cleric's weapon restrictions, druid can't wear metal, ...) surely haven't been fixed without a re-install.

Anyway...if you are willing to wait a little longer IR V2 is almost ready, just so you know. ;)

I've got the day off today which is why I'm doing this today. :) Patience was never one of my strong suits. I'm reinstalling Item Revisions now. By running the reinstaller, its using the new hotfixes for the install am I correct? Will I run into any problems with Rogue rebalancing or SCS? Both mods combined with your mod reccomended a staggered installation process...ie SCS hot fix after scs is installed, and the global changes installed after RR. How come I don't need to do the same with Spell revisions?

I've got the day off today which is why I'm doing this today. :) Patience was never one of my strong suits. I'm reinstalling Item Revisions now. By running the reinstaller, its using the new hotfixes for the install am I correct? Will I run into any problems with Rogue rebalancing or SCS? Both mods combined with your mod reccomended a staggered installation process...ie SCS hot fix after scs is installed, and the global changes installed after RR. How come I don't need to do the same with Spell revisions?
Yes, if you re-install after copying the hotfixes over the old files everything should be fine. I'm not aware of any conflicts between IR and both RR and SCS, and I do take into consideration both mods when working on my mods.

I don't understand what you mean by "How come I don't need to do the same with Spell revisions?"...SR has to be installed before RR and SCS, that's it. With the current version of SCS you should install the last component of SR (which technically is a hotfix) after SCS to fix a little mistake in SCS's patching of SR's summoned fiends.

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*
Yes, if you re-install after copying the hotfixes over the old files everything should be fine. I'm not aware of any conflicts between IR and both RR and SCS, and I do take into consideration both mods when working on my mods.

I don't understand what you mean by "How come I don't need to do the same with Spell revisions?"...SR has to be installed before RR and SCS, that's it. With the current version of SCS you should install the last component of SR (which technically is a hotfix) after SCS to fix a little mistake in SCS's patching of SR's summoned fiends.

With regards to my last question, when I unpack the spell revision hotfixes will I need to rerun the SR exe so the hotfixes take place, like I did with the IR hot fixes.

I got the game going and did a few random checks on things and it looks like everything match with the descriptions so far...::crosses fingers:: heres to hoping I don't get any Crashes in the near future.

p.s. random thought...I recall reading somewhere that you were looking for alternatives to the sentinal shield...What about a true seeing,invis purge or wizard eye ablity in the shield. A sentinal is a watcher isn't it? Just my random thought for the day.

Archived