Stoneskin/Ironskin

Guest Guest

A few issues i'd like to address:

Firstly, i kind of like the name ironskin, just for flavour...also, do you change the icon to the stoneskin one too?

Secondly, following a link in the readme which gives extensive spell descriptions + info on familiars, i read it fairly thoroughly and it says stone/iron skins protect against physical magic attacks, e.g. magic missile. First of all, this is not normal behaviour correct? (i mean it isn't - just tested it, but maybe you mistook it to be)

But if it is the new behavior you intend (most likely) then could you provide a list of the things you consider 'physical magic attacks' as well as magic missiles (i mean list them here, not necessarily in the spell description...could be kind of long, don't know either way).

More importantly, does that mean magic missile will eat stone/iron skins for breakfast?... just like it does mirror images kind of thing? Kinda nullifies the whole concept i think...but anyways, will await a reply before i say any more.

But if it is the new behavior you intend (most likely) then could you provide a list of the things you consider 'physical magic attacks' as well as magic missiles (i mean list them here, not necessarily in the spell description...could be kind of long, don't know either way).

More importantly, does that mean magic missile will eat stone/iron skins for breakfast?... just like it does mirror images kind of thing? Kinda nullifies the whole concept i think...but anyways, will await a reply before i say any more.

I would say that the skin protection protects the caster the same way the first level wizard spell Shield does, so the skins are not breakfast for magic missiles.

Secondly the second 'physical magic attacks' I read was the phantom blade... -I am not the moder, this is just my opinion...

Firstly, i kind of like the name ironskin, just for flavour...also, do you change the icon to the stoneskin one too?
Yes I did change the icon too. Druids shun metal and thus Ironskin made very little sense, while stoneskin does exactly the same and seems more appropriate to "Sphere: Elemental (earth)".

Secondly, following a link in the readme which gives extensive spell descriptions + info on familiars, i read it fairly thoroughly and it says stone/iron skins protect against physical magic attacks, e.g. magic missile. First of all, this is not normal behaviour correct? (i mean it isn't - just tested it, but maybe you mistook it to be)

I think it's an error in the description sorry, I haven't changed how stonskins effects behave in-game.

Archived