Items taken from Yoshi in Spellhold?

Ardanis

"Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold" seems to strip Yoshimo of all equipment. And checking throughout main cutscenes I didn't find any hint of him getting anything else other than his katana/heart. Can someone elaborate the matter for me? I surely want him to be well equipped when facing him late but don't want to take measures without solid knowledge of what's going on.

PS Bah, bless me fer being an idiot... © Gaelan Bayle

I've checked the code and it only proves my suspicions.

Therefore I have a suggestion - what about keeping items that Yoshimo carries? At least he won't look like a fool standing bare in front of the tube and surely it will give a little more fighting chance when meeting the party. This mod is about enhancing difficulty after all.

Therefore I have a suggestion - what about keeping items that Yoshimo carries? At least he won't look like a fool standing bare in front of the tube and surely it will give a little more fighting chance when meeting the party. This mod is about enhancing difficulty after all.
But does it actually make the game(encounter) really that much more difficult if we strip him from all his equipment first. :D

Now, DavidW could replace them with some undroppable once he "get"s from Irenicus...

Another word about this component.

... // spellholditems.tph
COPY ~.../scsII-inline/blank.2da~ ~override/dw#bags.2da~
	WHILE ~%bagcounter%~<~%containercount%~ BEGIN
		SPRINT ~string~ $containerlist(~%bagcounter%~)
		SET ~number~=~%bagcounter%~+1
		SPRINT ~string~ ~%number%~^~  ~^~%string%~
		INSERT_2DA_ROW ~%bagcounter%~ 0 ~%string%~
		SET ~bagcounter~=~%bagcounter%~+1
	END		
[b]		INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~	 ITEMS~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~XXX~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~2DA V1.0~[/b]
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDAMMO~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDAMMOBT~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDPLBAG~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDPLCASE~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDPLQUIV~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDPOTBAG~
	INSERT_2DA_ROW 0 0 ~CDPOTION~

I believe the bold part should go the last, lest it yields

CDPOTION
CDPOTBAG
CDPLQUIV
CDPLCASE
CDPLBAG
CDAMMOBT
CDAMMO
2DA V1.0
XXX
 ITEMS
1  BAG01
2  BAG02
3  BAG02B

in dw#bags.2da

As a result, I was left with an empty cdpotion. I naively thought that happened due to BG2Tweaks being installed after SCS and that I'll get all my potions back later, but... none of them were in the desk. At least I have a save right before entering the Asylum, so it's easy to NI them back.

Archived