back to old res, with problems.

Guest Michael Wilson

Guest Michael Wilson

tried mod, it worked except no guis on screen, looks nice. with quick thought, i decided to get rid of mod. now the game has graphics on load screen missing the border. much like widescreen problem when i load save it doesn't show guis like it used to, in 1024x768. did something in the registry not restore somehow? maybe my problem i don't know.

Guest Michael Wilson
You could try to unhide the GUI, by pushing the H -key. Or if that doesn't do the trick, start the bgconfig.exe and look the key that does hide the gui...

sounded good but it didn't work. everything looks good until it gets to shadows of amn or throne of bhaal select screen but the borders to the outside of screen is gone. wierd problem, tough, you got me.

Guest Michael Wilson
You could try to unhide the GUI, by pushing the H -key. Or if that doesn't do the trick, start the bgconfig.exe and look the key that does hide the gui...

sounded good but it didn't work. everything looks good until it gets to shadows of amn or throne of bhaal select screen but the borders to the outside of screen is gone. wierd problem, tough, you got me.

what is wierd is that when the game is running only the left side is not hidden. im used to both sides and bottom unhidden.

So you have reset the GUI... open the WeiDU.log with text editor(notepad) and post it here.

You probably just need to uninstall both the GUI mod, then the Widescreen mod and restart the bgconfig.exe to get everything arranged back, in the order the .log file says from the bottom to top... but don't do that yet... as I said, I need to see the .log file.

Guest Michael Wilson
So you have reset the GUI... open the WeiDU.log with text editor(notepad) and post it here.

You probably just need to uninstall both the GUI mod, then the Widescreen mod and restart the bgconfig.exe to get everything arranged back, in the order the .log file says from the bottom to top... but don't do that yet... as I said, I need to see the .log file.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2

Guest MichaelWilson

WeiDU v 20900 Log

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\setup-widescreen.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 590551 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 8692747 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 74107 string entries

[./Autorun.ini] loaded, 1452 bytes

[./baldur.ini] loaded, 3135 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\]

[./CharView.ini] loaded, 179 bytes

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5615 bytes

[./Mplaynow.ini] loaded, 230 bytes

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 20 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

So, you haven't uninstalled the Widescreen Mod, but most probably did start the bgconfig.exe or went to the configuration through the baldur.exe . So just to restart the setup-widescreen.exe and uninstall after the readme question...

Guest Michael Wilson
So, you haven't uninstalled the Widescreen Mod, but most probably did start the bgconfig.exe or went to the configuration through the baldur.exe . So just to restart the setup-widescreen.exe and uninstall after the readme question...

your widescreen program is uninstalled. but when i went on the game after, it still showed the same problem. would i need to refresh the game by reinstalling it. its a wild educated guess. we are getting close to fixing my game i can taste it hehe haha.

your widescreen program is uninstalled. but when i went on the game after, it still showed the same problem. would i need to refresh the game by reinstalling it. its a wild educated guess. we are getting close to fixing my game i can taste it hehe haha.
Well, the WeiDU.log tells us othervise... but yes, if you know no other clean alternative, you can uninstall the game(but before that, remember to backup your savegames if you wish), and then delete all the files including the savegames in the installation directory before you reinstall the SoA, ToB and the v26498 patch before installing the Widescreen mod, if you wish.

Archived