Infinity Only?

Guest Philosopher

Guest Philosopher

Does GemRB only run Infinity Engine games, and does that mean we are limited to 3rd Edition at most? I'd love to see Temple of Elemental Evil playable under GemRB... not least of which because the next logical step is to run Baldur's Gate in turn based combat under the 3.5 ruleset. :worship:

Guest Philosopher

Yeah, I'm gathering that now (should have read more of the forum I suppose) - 3.5 rules would be defined outside the engine, rather than within it. However, would it be the rulesets or the engine that allowed the turn based combat? I mean, Auto-Pause only does so much and it frustrates me to no end that by the time you can cast a healing spell the recipient has died! Not to mention the inability to determine the area of effect of a spell effect, which ToEE does with a blue circle. I stopped using Fireball, which should be a staple D&D spell.

I like the AOE marks, but this is not vital for GemRB, as it isn't implemented in any IE version.

At this point we focus on implementing existing IE features, or features that are trivial AND useful.

AOE is not trivial.

Neither real turn based combat, as It is a whole different pie.

You can have autopause every round.

Full turn based combat would require keeping track of actions in a turn and calculating how much action point they take.

Archived