BG2 with ToB broken NPC's

Guest Morokiane

Guest Morokiane

Installed BG2 with TOB and patched to latest patch.

Install WSM

Critical NPC's in the game start doing, "This NPC is to busy to respond"

Uninstall WSM / or reinstall patch over it

Same NPC's function correctly.

so somewhere WSM is overwriting critical files that the patch fixes. The NPC's breaking occurs without the patch also. Any resolution to this would be great.

Hello.

The above poster is correct, and searching this forum would seem to prove that this mod *does* cause problems with NPC's, as multiple people have posted this. I'd suggest listening to people... just because you dont suffer from the problem, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're incredibly dismissive of it. "No it does not"? do you think he just made that up to upset you?

It's currently happening to 50 - 60% of NPCs in my BG2:SOA/TOB game, all being "too busy to respond". Removing the WS mod fixes the problem. Patching the game fixes the problem. Installing the mod breaks the NPCs again. It can be bypassed by saving and reloading the game 7 or 8 times to talk to each NPC, not much of a solution.

After over an hour of solid testing to see what the problem is, i can promise you an awful lot of money that it's cause by the widescreen mod.

Okay, guys, chill.

First of all I have to agree with the bigg that it is very unlikely that Widescreen mod is causing this problem given that it is a well-documented symptom of not having the ToB patch installed. Also this is first time any such bug has been reported about the Widescreen mod, which has been downloaded and installed by quite a lot of people.

Are you absolutely sure you install the game, the most recent patch and then (after having waited for the game to finish updating) the Widescreen mod?

Uninstall WSM / or reinstall patch over it

Please, never install an official patch over any mods. It will not end well at all.

Guest Greg
Hello.

The above poster is correct, and searching this forum would seem to prove that this mod *does* cause problems with NPC's, as multiple people have posted this. I'd suggest listening to people... just because you dont suffer from the problem, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're incredibly dismissive of it. "No it does not"? do you think he just made that up to upset you?

It's currently happening to 50 - 60% of NPCs in my BG2:SOA/TOB game, all being "too busy to respond". Removing the WS mod fixes the problem. Patching the game fixes the problem. Installing the mod breaks the NPCs again. It can be bypassed by saving and reloading the game 7 or 8 times to talk to each NPC, not much of a solution.

After over an hour of solid testing to see what the problem is, i can promise you an awful lot of money that it's cause by the widescreen mod.

I can confirm it's happening to me, too. I did patch the game first, installed the widescreen mod, and got this problem. When I reinstall the official patch, it goes away. I then use the widescreen mod again, and the problem reappears.

Archived