Maximum HP Creatures from BG tweaks

DrAzTiK

Hi,

Can you say me how this component works with SCS II , especially for creatures with more staying powers . (Dragons with 1000 hp ? lol)

I also should ask on BG2tweak forum how this component is working. There is not a lot of information about how this component affect ennemy creatures in genreral...

No dragons with 1000 hit points... but,

Note that I didn't even look at the code so this is totally assumption:

It takes the creature level, and gives hit points according to that. So, a mage npc will get (1d4+con bonus)*1-10levels + 1/levels above10, maximized, so for the usual 15th lvel mage that's 65 hit points.

Monster hit points are a bit different, but for a dragon, it's according to 8+con/level, so for the typical dragon like Thaxll's sillyia that has 160 hit points and 23 levels, will have 9(+1 from con 15)*23= 207 hit points. That's a bit more.

And if and when the SCS II increases the creatures level, the difference enlargeness.

So I should install this component before SCSII if I want dragoons like Thaxll's sillyia with 750 hit points?
The mod doesn't give that many hit points to him.

DrAzTiK, there was a post by Raj recently which explained why giving Max HP to all creatures isn't a good idea:Link

I'm wondering if maybe there should be some sort of warning in the Tweaks readme about this.

Well, the link just says that it makes the cut scenes longer, it won't brake the game. And that can be tweaked by excluding the characters.

If we assume that Tweaks calculates hitpoints based on creature level, then installing the Maximum HP component of Tweaks post-SCSII would actually have no effect on celestials, dragons and fiends (those with improved staying power), since the newly calculated value would be less than the current value, and Tweaks only patches the creature file if the result would be higher hitpoints (IIRC).

/edit

Provisos, provisos. Sigh.

Okay, so the Tweaks code works like this for monsters (classless creatures): They get 8hp per level, but only if this isn't a nerf to the HP they already have. For example, if a dragon is level 20 and has 130hp, he will end up with 160hp; if he has 230hp, he will be left with 230hp.

This means that the Maximum HP Creatures component of Tweaks is fully compatible with the Increased Staying Power components of SCSII.

So If I install Maximum HP Creatures before Increased Staying Power, dragon level 20 and 130hp will end up 160*3 (not 130*3). righ ? :p

Absolutely correct.

SCSII will take whatever HP the dragons already have, and multiply them by 3. If Maximum HP Creatures has already increased dragon HP, then the increased value will me multiplied.

After that HP of classless creatures is supposed to be in general highter ?

By itself, Maximum HP Creatures makes very little difference. With Increased Staying Power installed on top, I think it will show a greater effect. I'm not actually sure about dragons, though, because I don't know if Maximum HP Creatures increases dragon HP at all.

/edit

Clarifications billow forth.

//edit

Broken BB code. Heh.

Archived