The setup-widescreen.exe is so large, but why?

Jarno Mikkola

As the title says, why is the Weidu.exe(setup-widescreen.exe) inside the widescreen-v2.1.exe so large, as it's about 8 times bigger than the usual, as the normal is 508Kb and this one is 3,909Kb, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything differently, as the mod can be installed with using the normal WeiDU.exe(v210) renamed as setup-widescreen.exe. :p

Was it just a mistake of packing the source coded .exe and not the binary one? The reason why I ask is the space and that I have seen this actually giving few hitches to the WeiDU.exe's auto updating.

Wow, fun. It appears that, my upload script compresses the executable after creating the local copy rather than before (meaning that the copy I use for uploading mods was bloated). I've fixed the problem in my script; since I have stuff in WSM that require W211, I'll wait before uploading WSM 2.2 though.

Wow, fun. It appears that, my upload script compresses the executable after creating the local copy rather than before (meaning that the copy I use for uploading mods was bloated). I've fixed the problem in my script; since I have stuff in WSM that require W211, I'll wait before uploading WSM 2.2 though.

Only to let you know, that we have gamer reports about the WeiDU.exe's auto updating problem, which Jarno mentioned. The 4MB setup-widescreen.exe causes problems by all auto updating processes, which the Widescreen mod is included.

Greetings Leomar

Archived