SCS mage spell choices

Salk

Just thought I'd stop by to say that SCS is fine the way it is (go on, admit it).

On the topic of prebuffing, it used to bother me, until I read this response from Westley Weimer:

It prevents a plethora of abuses involving resting or walking away and coming back. Mages are smart enough to scry, prepare and divine ... but you can't do any of that in the game engine. Since the player almost always gets to choose when the battle takes place, the enemies must always be ready. Otherwise they're unfairly easy.

As for the idea that SCS is predictable... Pffft. I'll tell you what I call predictable. Predictable is when you know that if you attack Firebeard Elvenhair in Candlekeep, he will do the following, in exactly this order:

cast Horror;

cast Melf's Acid Arrow;

cast Magic Missile until he runs out of them (he's got about 3 of them);

engage in melee combat.

Honestly people, calling SCS predictable is like getting a Ferrari for your birthday and complaining that it's not as fast as a space shuttle.

Now wait a minute here...

My criticisms are just minor suggestions that I felt I could share with DavidW but just in the context of an extreme high appreciation and satisfaction for what SCS is and does.

I want this to be extremely clear. Of course SCS is already good like it is now. No, scratch that, it's already great as it is now.

And I want also to be clear that I would not mind at all paying for the Mods I so dearly love (and SCS is certainly among them) even in the present state.

Are you offering to write it? (Or pay for me to write it?)

Hah, this is the internet. We want to to quit your day job, do everything we ask on SCSI/II, continually update QP, UB, Ascension and Bruce NPC (all of them), then thank us for the privilege and give us all your money. :blush:

Seriously, Salk & jon-eli are right - SCS is great - if it wasn't you wouldn't get the constant demands of "we want moar plz".

Archived